No Internet detected after HD gui update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john262

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2005
I got the HD GUI update and it's great, except for one thing. My Directv apps no longer work. Now I am getting a "No Internet detected" error message when I try to load the apps. It worked great before the GUI update. Apparently the update broke it.

I tried rebooting my H-21 receiver and it didn't help. I tried connecting my laptop to the ethernet cable that connects my receiver to my SpeedStream router and it found the Internet right away. Nevertheless I tried restarting my router but that didn't help either. Also, I can still go to Music and Photos on the receiver and browse my computer's media and picture folders and view pictures on my hard drive. So the receiver is still connected to my router but it still says it doesn't have an Internet connection.

Does anyone know what is going on and what I might do to fix it? Or could it be a problem on Directv's end and I will just have to wait for them to fix it? I have held off on calling them about it because in the past I have found that I can get better help at this forum than what a clueless CSR can provide.

Thanks.

My HR24 did the same thing. Just run a Network system test. I did that and it re-established the internet connection and fixed the problem.:)

Last edited:
How soon after the update did you notice this? It may take 24 to 48 hours after the update for the receiver to settle down and get back to normal.

Actually, I noticed it shortly after I realized that I had got the update. Anyway, I reran the network setup and it didn't work, then I tried rerunning it a second time and this time it worked. So all is well that ends well. Thanks guys for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts