HR-24 and new HD guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here on denver just arrive today to my hr 24 ..but I download almost a month ago in a CE..maybe the official have something diferent :)

i am in PA also, and still haven't got it also, so it haven't hit the PA arena yet, be patient, it's big & slow update

I can certainly wait for the new HD guide, but why did D* send out and e-mail over the weekend telling me how great this thing is without releasing it? I understand the slow national release, but please don't send out an e-mail showing how great it is and then I do not have it. And just for the record, with all the advanced hype on this board I hope this is worth the wait!

It is worth the wait. But you have to remember most people would be confused when they see it, without knowing it is coming. Very few DirecTV users come on these forums, and have very little knowledge about their equipment. The majority of users know how to turn the unit on and off and change channels.

I'm in PA, no update yet. If I download the CE will the national update overwrite the CE with no issues? Thanks!

I'm in PA, no update yet. If I download the CE will the national update overwrite the CE with no issues? Thanks!

It will overwrite it, if your CE is older than the release. If your CE is newer than the National release it will not, in other words if you have downloaded the CE in the past couple of weeks, it will probably not overwrite it.

i know this past weekend i had a banner saying "look at the new CE" does that mean it coming soon? i don't know

I got the National download version about a week ago. I have it on my three HR24 DVRs. I find it faster and smoother than the old guide.

lou_do said:
It is worth the wait. But you have to remember most people would be confused when they see it, without knowing it is coming. Very few DirecTV users come on these forums, and have very little knowledge about their equipment. The majority of users know how to turn the unit on and off and change channels.

I suspect more people read the forums than read the annoying DirecTV emails on the banner. :)

I suspect more people read the forums than read the annoying DirecTV emails on the banner. :)

Doubtful .....

Less than 1% of Directv Customers know anything about thier recvrs and software its running, let alone about this or the other site out there with reputable Sat info.

A national release will always overwrite a CE.
I have always been under the understanding that if your CE number is higher than the National release it will not override it. In other words if the National release is 057A and I have the CE 058C, it will not override it. If the National release is 057A and I have the CE of 056D, it will override it. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge I have never had a National Release in my HR20-700, since I have been in the CE program.

I received the national release this morning in San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have always been under the understanding that if your CE number is higher than the National release it will not override it. In other words if the National release is 057A and I have the CE 058C, it will not override it. If the National release is 057A and I have the CE of 056D, it will override it. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge I have never had a National Release in my HR20-700, since I have been in the CE program.

That would seem to make sense, but IIRC, when they send out a national release, it will overwrite the CE regardless of the number until you download a new CE.

I just got it overnight on my H24, in MA.

Release was 0x57b at 3:45a.

It's fast. I like the menu and other changes too. When I hit "guide" for the first time this morning it came up with a screen telling me that "My new guide is here."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts