No Land Line

kenosha

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
I am being installed tomorrow. On the confirmation email from dish they said let your installer know if there is no phoneline available so you are not charged a surcharge. What do they do if there is no landline phone available?

I just ordered dish network.....i think the lady on the phone said the equipment i would recieve will be a vip722.....
If no landline is available and you do not plug in your receiver to broadband, then you will be charged a $5 monthly fee.

Last edited:
This is the first time I ever heard of Dish Network waiving additional receiver fees without a phone line hooked in. This seems interesting.

I've had a phone line attached to my 722 since I got it activated. So what happens if I disconnect the phone line now? Will Dish know and charge me an extra $5.00 on my next statement?

I've had a phone line attached to my 722 since I got it activated. So what happens if I disconnect the phone line now? Will Dish know and charge me an extra $5.00 on my next statement?
Yes, shortly after you disconnect the phoneline (within a day or two) you will begin getting messages that you need to hook it up to a phone line.

You could also hook it up to an ethernet jack if you have High speed internet and that will also waive the fee.

Geoff

Yes, shortly after you disconnect the phoneline (within a day or two) you will begin getting messages that you need to hook it up to a phone line.

You could also hook it up to an ethernet jack if you have High speed internet and that will also waive the fee.

Geoff

i assume they want the phone hook-up so they can see if you have your STB at a different home (which seems only fair)

BUT

how does the broadband connection do this? IP address should/could be the same if the other home has the same ISP no?

You will be a 5.00 charge per receiver if your not connected to phone line or a broadband connection. there is no way ever around this fee.

You will be a 5.00 charge per receiver if your not connected to phone line or a broadband connection. there is no way ever around this fee.

I have both a 722 and a 322 and only the 722 has a phone line. Upon ordering, I was informed that they would waive the no phone line fee.

So, they will waive the fee, but you have to negotiate it.

I have both a 722 and a 322 and only the 722 has a phone line. Upon ordering, I was informed that they would waive the no phone line fee.

So, they will waive the fee, but you have to negotiate it.

This is the first time I ever heard DN had waive the no phone charge fee to anyone, and I have 4 years as a Tech(contractor) with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts