No Land Line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You will be a 5.00 charge per receiver if your not connected to phone line or a broadband connection. there is no way ever around this fee.

Can someone point me to instructions of how to connect the receivers to a broadband connection as I am thinking of having my home phone line disconnected.

Can someone point me to instructions of how to connect the receivers to a broadband connection as I am thinking of having my home phone line disconnected.

Not all receivers will accept a LAN connection. If I'm not mistaken, only the 722, 622 and the 612 will support ethernet.

Do you have one of these? If so, then it's just a matter of running the cable from the receiver to your router or hub device.

Not all receivers will accept a LAN connection. If I'm not mistaken, only the 722, 622 and the 612 will support ethernet.

Do you have one of these? If so, then it's just a matter of running the cable from the receiver to your router or hub device.

Yes, I have the 622, but its downstairs and my wireless router is upstairs, so no way I can run a cable between the two. Is there a way to wirelessly connect it?

Yes, I have the 622, but its downstairs and my wireless router is upstairs, so no way I can run a cable between the two. Is there a way to wirelessly connect it?

Can't connect wirelessly; but can use HD PLC devices that use the electrical wiring in your house for internet connectivity. Do a search on amazon for the panasonic HD PLC's and you will get all the info.:)

Actually you can use a wireless connection.

Do a search of this forum for wireless bridge.

Home plug might be easier.

When I moved from Maryland to VA my telco line was not installed at the time the Dish was installed. The Tech called in and got me a 90 day waiver for the telco line. However in reality they started charging me after about 45 days. I called got another 30 day waiver and then hooked my recievers up to broadband.

When I got an HDTV and needed to upgrade, Dish wanted to charge me out the yin-yang for stuff. I emailed ceo@echostar.com to try to get things sorted out. They were mostly willing to help, but refused to budge on the phone-line fee (I had no land line and this was before the ethernet port on the 622 was active). I pretty much said "thanks for your help, but I'm switching if you don't take this absurd fee off my bill". After a couple of more emails, they finally agreed. So it wasn't easy, but it is possible. And this was a little bit of time ago (Jan-Feb 2007 if I recall correctly), so it's also possible they've become more cooperative on this recently.

This is the first time I ever heard DN had waive the no phone charge fee to anyone, and I have 4 years as a Tech(contractor) with them.

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

The cost of having DISH in two rooms via a dual tuner is no greater than having two separate receivers. Not connecting a phone line just means you pay as though you have two separate boxes. DirecTV requires two separate boxes for two separate rooms of programming, as does digital cable for digital service in two rooms. Of the three, DISH is the only one that provides a way out of paying for a second room of service. That way out is to connect the phone line.

Some of you scream penalty, but I scream opportunity to get two rooms for the price of one.

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

The cost of having DISH in two rooms via a dual tuner is no greater than having two separate receivers. Not connecting a phone line just means you pay as though you have two separate boxes. DirecTV requires two separate boxes for two separate rooms of programming, as does digital cable for digital service in two rooms. Of the three, DISH is the only one that provides a way out of paying for a second room of service. That way out is to connect the phone line.

Some of you scream penalty, but I scream opportunity to get two rooms for the price of one.

Yes, all of us know that. However, it isn't sold that way. I've explained this before. The difference between a discount and a charge is in what is disclosed. If the CSR quotes the price of, let's say, $39.99. The customer says: "Is that my total monthly cost?" CSR says "Yes". No mention of the phone line, no mention that the $39.99 quoted is assuming the phone line is connected. The system in installed, the tech doesn't mention the phone line. Customer gets his first bill, and it's $44.99. The customer calls up wanting to know why his bill is $49.99 instead of $39.99, and he is told that it's because the receiver isn't connected to a phone line. At that point, it constitutes a CHARGE, not a discount, because the customer was quoted the "discounted" price, and not told that the price was only good if he connected it to a phone line.

Yes, all of us know that. However, it isn't sold that way. I've explained this before. The difference between a discount and a charge is in what is disclosed. If the CSR quotes the price of, let's say, $39.99. The customer says: "Is that my total monthly cost?" CSR says "Yes". No mention of the phone line, no mention that the $39.99 quoted is assuming the phone line is connected. The system in installed, the tech doesn't mention the phone line. Customer gets his first bill, and it's $44.99. The customer calls up wanting to know why his bill is $49.99 instead of $39.99, and he is told that it's because the receiver isn't connected to a phone line. At that point, it constitutes a CHARGE, not a discount, because the customer was quoted the "discounted" price, and not told that the price was only good if he connected it to a phone line.

I agree. I'm fortunate to work for retailers who quote the full price. Makes it easy for me to sell wireless phone jacks when I tell a customer I can save them $240 over the life of the 2 year contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)