No locals in HD...where can I "move" to?

drknute3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
I live in Cedar Rapids IA, DISH does not transmit my locals in HD. I have see a couple threads about changing service address. Is this legal? Where could I tell them I am "moving" to in order to receive locals in HD? Does that mean I would lose my locals here in CR, such as no local news broadcasts?

Thanks
Bill

I live in Nebraska and just moved service to Kansas City last week to get there hd locals. What a big difference watching the big 4 networks in hd. Awesome. The only thing I miss is the local news. Dish only lets you have one local market.

Last edited:
Technically it is a violation of your service agreement with the sat providers. It is not a legality issue. You are paying for the locals you move to so there is nothing illegal about it. THe satellite providers can not "knowingly" sell you locals from another dma. IF they find out they will change you back to your real locals. The key is not to tell them what you are really doing and they don't care as long as they get paid for the locals. So don't tell them what you are really doing and they won't ask.

that is why you change your service address but not your billing address. or you can just sign up for paperless billing. i have "moved" to a different location and still get a paper bill at my actual residence each month.

Does anyone know, if I were to "move" to Kansas City, would I be able to keep my Superstation pack? I see that KC locals include CW and MyTv Network stations. Thanks.

what does it take to "move"?

I'm in Erie, PA, and with no HD locals in the near future (or the far future). I'd really love to have all NFL games in HD. To do that, I need locals in HD.

Can anyone explain how this can be accomplished?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)