No locals in HD...where can I "move" to?

Originally Posted by garys
If your locals are broadcasting HD, you could get the HD via OTA and not have to bother trying to "move".
"moving" helps if you have a DVR. With only OTA you can only record 1 HD program at a time, with OTA and Sat locals, you can record up to 3 at a time.

Also, depending on your local stations, you dont always get the regular network programs. Where I get OTA locals (Louisville, KY) I may get a KY ball game instead of Heroes or Lost. The local stations can, and do pre empt regular programming for local events or interests. If you move you can get Heroes / Lost instead of the ball game or in addition to the ball game.

Last edited:
So can someone give me the down & dirty recommendation as to where I should "move" to based on the information that I provided?

Thanks,

Scott

Been out of touch with things for a good long while due to family illness, so my apologies for the redundancy.

I have the 942 and the 1000. Unable to have additional antenna due to trees & hills.

I live in Heber Springs, AR 72543. 60+ miles north of Little Rock, AR.

My questions, and please have a little patience.

I want to receive the network HD channels.

1. What market can I "move" to that will have the greatest selection of HD programming based on my "physical" location and only having the 1000?

2. I understand that I will have to upgrade to the 622 to obtain the HD "locals" and newer HD programming, is this correct?

3. What programming package represents the best value for HD inclusive of "locals"?

Any other information that you would like to provide and feel is beneficial would truly be appreciated.

If you can direct me somewhere that may have the dialogue I will need for when I have this discussion would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts