No locals in HD...where can I "move" to?

danmag: you will probably only get the big 4 and in HD only. All the SD channels from KC are on spotbeam 18 on sat 110. If you are outside of the spotbeam or on the edge you will either not get them at all or drop signal at certain times of the day.

I lost my NY & LA feeds to the Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre locals and I hate them. Not to mention that Dish doesn't carry the local HD feeds yet. All the locals are broadcasting HD. Since I have to have the locals ( I don't think I can get HD with my current 500 dish, if I "move" to NY) does anyone having any info to when Dish is picking up the S/W HD locals? I would hate to lose Dish at all but if I have to wait a year for them to get their act together, I might as well go to Comcast which just took over the local Cable company.

Did we really need a third thread on moving? Come on people look around first or use the search option! That's what it's there for!

OK- I have read these posts and still need some help.

Currently, I have a 625, so the first thing I'd have to do is upgrade to an HD package.

I would love to "move" to Cleveland to get their HD locals.

So, I call up Dish and tell them I'm moving to a Cleveland address.

Now questions:

-what address to I give them?
-how do I tell them my billing address is the same as it is now?
-how do I know I could even get the Cleveland locals?
-do I need a new dish for HD?
-what about the phone number? The DVR is connected to the phone line?

Thanks in advance

Yea, don't have to be in an area that can reach the beam you are moving to? Chicago HD local beam would for example not reach Florida.

OK- I have read these posts and still need some help.

Currently, I have a 625, so the first thing I'd have to do is upgrade to an HD package.

I would love to "move" to Cleveland to get their HD locals.

So, I call up Dish and tell them I'm moving to a Cleveland address.

Now questions:

-what address to I give them?
-how do I tell them my billing address is the same as it is now?
-how do I know I could even get the Cleveland locals?
-do I need a new dish for HD?
-what about the phone number? The DVR is connected to the phone line?

Thanks in advance

I don't believe Cleveland has hd locals yet

I don't believe Cleveland has hd locals yet

Thanks- I see that. Hopefully before NFL starts again.

After reading through the hundreds of posts for this subject, my only question I have is after Feb 1st, I will take advantage of the HD promo. I now have the 625 and I believe the 500. Will they give me a 1000 and a 622 for HD? And will the 1000 be able to pick up Cleveland HD's when available (educated guess)?

thanks

If your locals are broadcasting HD, you could get the HD via OTA and not have to bother trying to "move".
"moving" helps if you have a DVR. With only OTA you can only record 1 HD program at a time, with OTA and Sat locals, you can record up to 3 at a time.

Moving is quick, find a campground in the area you are going to be moving to with your RV for a while. Call dish and select the change programming option, then advise them you need to update your service address, make sure you tel them to leave the billing address alone. Then just give them new address and zip. Then tell them you need locals for that address and 10 minutes later you are done. Just remember if you call them for service or a replacement part, it will now go to your new address unless you specify otherwise, and even then they mess that up.

Billing and Service address

Some credit cards allow you to change your address as well as online online billing. Ch-ch-ase comes to mind. Also the United Airlines mileage card is Ch**e.
I am just moving back to dear old Dad's to watch baseball this Spriing. :hungry:
Now, where are those HD RSN's? :confused: Oh well.... :D

I wanted to move to Philly to get the phils games on the local HD feed. BUT, It looks like the net that carries them is no HD yet.. So, SD on FTA for now.....

Been out of touch with things for a good long while due to family illness, so my apologies for the redundancy.

I have the 942 and the 1000. Unable to have additional antenna due to trees & hills.

I live in Heber Springs, AR 72543. 60+ miles north of Little Rock, AR.

My questions, and please have a little patience.

I want to receive the network HD channels.

1. What market can I "move" to that will have the greatest selection of HD programming based on my "physical" location and only having the 1000?

2. I understand that I will have to upgrade to the 622 to obtain the HD "locals" and newer HD programming, is this correct?

3. What programming package represents the best value for HD inclusive of "locals"?

Any other information that you would like to provide and feel is beneficial would truly be appreciated.

If you can direct me somewhere that may have the dialogue I will need for when I have this discussion would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

I wanted to move to Philly to get the phils games on the local HD feed. BUT, It looks like the net that carries them is no HD yet.. So, SD on FTA for now.....

CW 57 isn't in HD yet. When it is I am moving myself. I will have MLB.TV so I won't have to worry about local blackouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)