No longer picking up Sat 129 after storm last week

The Evil Genius

Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
We had a severe storm about 10 days ago, and since then, I have lost about 1/2 of my HD channels in the Sacramento area. I did a basic scan and see that I am no longer picking up Sat 129.

Called Dish and they are sending out a tech on Wednesday for a fee. Bah.

My question is - is their a simple fix for this? Or should I just bite the bullet and allow the tech to make the "fix".

We had strong winds over the holidays down in Los Angeles area and I lost several channels as well. If you're comfortable with aligning a dish you could probably do it yourself. Luckily I had some work done a couple weeks ago so I won't have to pay for the tech to come out tomorrow.

Diy

We had a severe storm about 10 days ago, and since then, I have lost about 1/2 of my HD channels in the Sacramento area. I did a basic scan and see that I am no longer picking up Sat 129.

Called Dish and they are sending out a tech on Wednesday for a fee. Bah.

My question is - is their a simple fix for this? Or should I just bite the bullet and allow the tech to make the "fix".

Only if you are willing to try and DIY. It means repeaking the dish most likely.

On the other hand, if you even remotely think you might be able to do it, what have you got to lose (other than the rest of your channels)? If you are successful, you can call and cancel. If not, the worst case is you don't watch any more TV until the tech shows up.

Have you tried reseting your receiver? I got the same thing a few weeks ago after a storm. I lost 129 and switch check didn't help. I did a reset and then it came back.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and about 6 weeks after my HD upgrade. The tech visit was free and my LNB had been knocked askew by something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)