No longer utilizing 2nd Hopper for recordings problem

keitheva

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Before the recent Hopper s/w "upgrades" (hah!), when I was setting a recording if there wasn't a spare tuner at the time it would ask if I wanted to set the timer on my 2nd Hopper. Now this no longer occurs, I just get a timer conflict notice and no attempt is made to use a tuner on the 2nd Hopper.

Anyone else seeing this?

Before the recent Hopper s/w "upgrades" (hah!)
The Carbon UI was designed for the Hopper 3, which was going to have 8+ tuners available (final # is 16, as most know) so "tuner conflicts" were pretty much a non-issue, so the software didn't implement it. Someone decided that the older-generation Hoppers, with just (3) tuners, should get this software and this feature/option hasn't been developed.

Reactions: Dudleydog73
Maybe, maybe not. Note my signature.

Some ideas from members here would be good but many members will ask for pretty obscure "features" and pretend they're mainstream.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So I learned the hard way of another bug.

I had yesterday turned off PTAT on the LR HWS. Today I tested to see if it would play an EHD. It did, but God awfully slow to start up the movie. Too bad, so sad.

So I looked at the MBR HWS from the LR HWS. 75% full. I erased all the PTAT recordings. Tried to go back to LR HWS DVR. No dice. It stays on the MBR HWS PTAT screen.

So I turned off the LR HWS for a few seconds and turned it back on. No luck. Turned it "off" again.

I had to go to the MBR HWS and turn off PTAT there. Came downstairs and turned LR HWS back on and could go to DVR.

Glad I didn't have to do a RBR or cord pull. But the MBR HWS is hard to get to, being behind a plastic wall due to renovations.

I hope this gets fixed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So I learned the hard way of another bug.

I had yesterday turned off PTAT on the LR HWS. Today I tested to see if it would play an EHD. It did, but God awfully slow to start up the movie. Too bad, so sad.

So I looked at the MBR HWS from the LR HWS. 75% full. I erased all the PTAT recordings. Tried to go back to LR HWS DVR. No dice. It stays on the MBR HWS PTAT screen.

So I turned off the LR HWS for a few seconds and turned it back on. No luck. Turned it "off" again.

I had to go to the MBR HWS and turn off PTAT there. Came downstairs and turned LR HWS back on and could go to DVR.

Glad I didn't have to do a RBR or cord pull. But the MBR HWS is hard to get to, being behind a plastic wall due to renovations.

I hope this gets fixed.
H3 time! :shh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)