No longer utilizing 2nd Hopper for recordings problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keitheva

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Before the recent Hopper s/w "upgrades" (hah!), when I was setting a recording if there wasn't a spare tuner at the time it would ask if I wanted to set the timer on my 2nd Hopper. Now this no longer occurs, I just get a timer conflict notice and no attempt is made to use a tuner on the 2nd Hopper.

Anyone else seeing this?

Before the recent Hopper s/w "upgrades" (hah!)
The Carbon UI was designed for the Hopper 3, which was going to have 8+ tuners available (final # is 16, as most know) so "tuner conflicts" were pretty much a non-issue, so the software didn't implement it. Someone decided that the older-generation Hoppers, with just (3) tuners, should get this software and this feature/option hasn't been developed.

Reactions: Dudleydog73
Maybe, maybe not. Note my signature.

Some ideas from members here would be good but many members will ask for pretty obscure "features" and pretend they're mainstream.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So I learned the hard way of another bug.

I had yesterday turned off PTAT on the LR HWS. Today I tested to see if it would play an EHD. It did, but God awfully slow to start up the movie. Too bad, so sad.

So I looked at the MBR HWS from the LR HWS. 75% full. I erased all the PTAT recordings. Tried to go back to LR HWS DVR. No dice. It stays on the MBR HWS PTAT screen.

So I turned off the LR HWS for a few seconds and turned it back on. No luck. Turned it "off" again.

I had to go to the MBR HWS and turn off PTAT there. Came downstairs and turned LR HWS back on and could go to DVR.

Glad I didn't have to do a RBR or cord pull. But the MBR HWS is hard to get to, being behind a plastic wall due to renovations.

I hope this gets fixed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So I learned the hard way of another bug.

I had yesterday turned off PTAT on the LR HWS. Today I tested to see if it would play an EHD. It did, but God awfully slow to start up the movie. Too bad, so sad.

So I looked at the MBR HWS from the LR HWS. 75% full. I erased all the PTAT recordings. Tried to go back to LR HWS DVR. No dice. It stays on the MBR HWS PTAT screen.

So I turned off the LR HWS for a few seconds and turned it back on. No luck. Turned it "off" again.

I had to go to the MBR HWS and turn off PTAT there. Came downstairs and turned LR HWS back on and could go to DVR.

Glad I didn't have to do a RBR or cord pull. But the MBR HWS is hard to get to, being behind a plastic wall due to renovations.

I hope this gets fixed.
H3 time! :shh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)