No Manual timers!!!!

Rotryrkt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
I just discovered after installing my 922 and the OTA module that I can't set a manual timer! I need this capability since I am not eligible to receive locals from Dish therefore no guide data. The wife is very unhappy that I can't record her soap in HD on my new toy. I suppose I'll have to "move".

I have the same issue. If you use your PC and sling capability it does have it their.
I guess in the future they will add the options on the 922 screen.
So for now set them via sling that works

I tried to set a manual timer and it would not work on sat programming either. I was able to set one online but the DVR refuses to record it since it says it does not match the description.

I wanted to record a block of programming every week on the same channel. I have this timer set up on my 622, but have not been able to get one set up on the 922. I do not think moving or getting locals will solve the issue.

I was able to set a manal timer online for my 922 on a specific channel and time every week.

I was able to set a manal timer online for my 922 on a specific channel and time every week.

I was able to do it too online. But, after the first week it no longer worked. The channel (syfy) has different shows in the same block of programming on Friday nights. So, it said it did not record because the description did not match.

Hmmm. Why is this beginning to sound like a 921?

Actually, they have way too much invested in this to let it fail or stretch fixes out so long it gets a bad reputation.

Hmmm. Why is this beginning to sound like a 921?

Actually, they have way too much invested in this to let it fail or stretch fixes out so long it gets a bad reputation.

It works far better than my 921 did. It was not until the end of the 921 life that they actually got the 921 to be somewhat, but not always reliable.

I tried to set timers in remote access/sling, but since I do not get Dish Locals, I have no guide data and OTA scanned in channels are not even in the drop down channel list. So I think I am SOL.
I also had a 921, and this thing is waaaaay better than it ever was. I think "moving" will take care of guide data issue.
Thanks all for the responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts