no more 3ABN on Sky Angel?

mattb said:
Them being hush hush on any real reason to what's going on is really making me think there is more to this whole deal than just "techincal issues"
very true. It seems weird that really nothing has been said recently. Not even an update

I am wondering if the PIDS and the blank screens being put back where just put back to try and shut up people from "calling" their contracted call center and wondering why the channels where not in the guide anymore.

If its a true techincal problem and their able to uplink blank screens to the receiver, they could clearly have E* put a SLATE up saying what is up and whats wrong, as we know Slates do not take much bandwidth at all and they could easly fit that onto the transponder 32 or even temporarly map the slate to a slot on 25. When they pulled that one other channel awhile back, they had no problem putting up a slate directing people to a website for more info, why are they being so hush now?
very good point matt. They could uplink a slate and show it on those 3 channels. It doesnt take much bandwidth and they could have just one slate mirrored to 3 spots...its still one channel of bandwidth. The PIDS that are showing up are 0000 instead of like 5666 & 5667. I tried to scan TP32 on my FTA receiver (channels scrambled) but those 3 channels didnt even scan in...so its like nothing is there. Even if it was 0000, the box would have detected that.

JeffH said:
"out of spite" is that a fruit of the Spirit? Maybe we shouldn't watch or support TVU or Spirit anyway if that's what they teach.

Jeff

Good person test: http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml

Jeff

I have every right to want my Spirit and 3ABN as much as you wanted your Hallmark and Fox News both NON Christian Channels.

I respect your feelings but I do as a customer have the right not to subscribe to a service that removes channels I enjoy.

Maybe spite was not the proper wording; I applogize for that, when I subscribed to skyangel back in 2001 they pushed it as a Christian DBS Service. Now that Christian channels are suddently gone while non Christian channels are being left on the service and they are now refering to Skyangel as the family alternative to other choices (E* D* etc) I have a right to reconsdier my choice in DBS service.

9711, KSBN has some good programming on the sabbath and on sunday mornings. There is some good stuff on the other channels as well. I'll keep my dish up for ksbn and the good in the other stuff. I bought into the skyangel thing primarily for 3abn. Having ksbn also is icing on the cake. If it weren't for those 2 channels I wouldn't pay much attention.

DB aka kountzer

Politics

In my opinion, it's a political problem, not technical. Sky Angel cannot respond because what is happening does not make technical sense so what can they say since technical excuses are invalid? They would sound political if the truth were stated, in my opinion. Politics dictating freedom of speech and religion -- what a dangerous mix. Time to read the book of Revelation.

If 3ABN is gone I want to tell Sky Angel I am gone with it. I just enjoy 3ABN. I now have to go to AMC4 at 101W to continue enjoying the good old plain Gospel. My dish can pick up AMC4 and I guess I will have to say good bye to Sky Angel.

3ABN has been a blessing to me. I have learned a great deal from 3ABN. But I guess this was in the works by Sky Angel for a long time to shut up the real truth. I guess lots of other subscribers will fall away from this Network.

being a christian, it was the only network that I can have in my home but I can't be satisfy with what they left me with.

Sky Angel Satellite Update from 3ABN Site

Sky Angel Satellite Update
Sky Angel does not have a channel available for 3ABN at this time. Please join us in prayer that this problem is resolved soon and 3ABN channel may be restored to the package of TV channels.

Please don’t call them or us until we make any further announcements Thank you

Ice!

I have a FTA Receiver and LNBF

greggor48 said:
If 3ABN is gone I want to tell Sky Angel I am gone with it. I just enjoy 3ABN. I now have to go to AMC4 at 101W to continue enjoying the good old plain Gospel. My dish can pick up AMC4 and I guess I will have to say good bye to Sky Angel.

3ABN has been a blessing to me. I have learned a great deal from 3ABN. But I guess this was in the works by Sky Angel for a long time to shut up the real truth. I guess lots of other subscribers will fall away from this Network.

being a christian, it was the only network that I can have in my home but I can't be satisfy with what they left me with.

I hoping 3ABN will be back on soon on Sky Angel... I give it a couple of weeks if not I will cancel my subscription. I have a FTA Dish and receiver pointed at AMC4 and get 3ABN that way, but I Have only have it on one TV... is there such a thing as a dual LNB for FTA?

Sky Angel Satellite Update
Special Notice: 3ABN announces the Ten Commandments Weekend events will go forward as planned, despite the interruption of Sky Angel service.

Sky Angel does not have a channel available for 3ABN at this time. Please join us in prayer that this problem is resolved soon and 3ABN channel may be restored to the package of TV channels.

Please don’t call them or us until we make any further announcements Thank you

Get both Adventist AMC4 and Sunday IA5 programs on one dish!

Talked to Jeff, technician at 866-552-6728 after purchasing Hope Network Geosat pro satellite and 1000ci receiver that records programs. The are in process of manufacturing new 2-eye LNBF in new brackets that will aim at AMC4 and IA5 satellites (which are a few degrees apart) to pull both Adventist and Sunday church free-to-air programming on the one dish. He said that IA5 has a good children's program. They want to be the first on the block with this new LNBF that will eliminate the need for a motor to rotate the dish between the two satellites; therefore, there will be no motor issues. The new 2-eye LNBF should be ready in one to two months. It is being manufactured now. The installers they recommend can install the Hope Network dish, then return to replace the single-eye LNBF with the two-eye LNBF when it is available. Who needs Sky Angel??!

Mike
There are 2 LNB brackets ouot on the market. I use a couple of them. Since AMC4 (3ABN) and IA5 (Daystar, TBN, JCTV, etc) are 4 degrees apart and the minimum is 4, you can put them right next to each other and use a hose clamp :)

Are you installing it yourself or having a "pro" do it?

Depends on a few factors
-what LNB is aimed straight down the arm
-where you are located

If you aim at IA5 (97W) which is recommended, then the LNB for 101 (AMC4) would be to the left (if standing behind the dish) of the other

As to aim, it depends on where you live. In MN the elevation is only off by a fraction of a degree (they look almost level) but if you are on one of the coasts, it will be off by a little more. If you are in the Midwest part of the US (ND, SD, MN and draw a line straight south) they look almost even

When using multiple LNB’s (separated) its easier to aim for one and then add the 2nd LNB. When I used the SC dish, I had some fine tuning to do

Last year GMT was removed and later 4 channels added that are not Christian programming. And now problems with 9706 & 9710 & 9715.

Many channels should be called "Sky Angel" and others "Sky World".

It would be wonderful if EVERY channel lifted up Jesus Christ as Lord! It seems that early Sky Angel advertising spoke of all Christian channels. Not any more.

But, thank God for Jesus and His Word being lifted up on as many channels as are doing it now!

We serve a risen Savior and there is great joy in praising Him and telling others about Him! May He come soon and take all His children home!

Installation

We're having the system installed by a pro in our area suggested by the place we bought the FTA dish/receiver. Then when the 2-eye LNBF is ready, the pro will come out again, install, and adjust as needed. This is not my area of expertise. I will ask him about the configuration you said is available now. Thanks.

Nimiq 1 at 91.0°W

Iceberg!!

How strong is Nimiq 1 at 91.0°W signal? I will like to see a map of the coverage area for this satellite. If anyone can get one please share it with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)