no more 3ABN on Sky Angel?

Not always so... if you signed up under a Dish Network lease plan the dish belongs to them and if you cancel or downgrade from AT60 or larger package to alacart, and or sky angel only or cancel they may want the lnb unit back. A major pain if it's on your roof and you don't want to get up there.

Jim

SatelliteAV said:
Don't worry, when you get a Hope Channel or Loma Linda Broadcasting satellite system it arrives with easy step by step instructions complete with the aiming coordinates and a complete installation kit. You really don't have to study anything in advance. If you do want to do some homework, just go to the website and download the installation guides. If you have any problems, the technical support department can help you from 8am - 5pm, M - Th and 8am - 4pm on Fridays at 888-393-4673 Professional installation can also be arranged if the install seems overwhelming .... some of the installers are regulars on this forum.

Piece of cake! As luck would have it, I had to work late the first two days after my AdventistSat dish system came, but I got it up and running today. 3ABN is coming in at 99% on the quality meter and looks just great. LLBN peaks at about 82%.

The kit included everything I needed for the job, although I did replace the crimp on F-connectors with compression types. No grounding block for the coax was provided and I did not use one. I may have second thoughts on that later.

Now, I just have to print out a couple of program schedules and I'll be set to enjoy 3ABN again for the weekend.

3dishes.jpg

"It is said that she has determined that Seventh-day Adventist and Catholic programming will be eliminated."

I would not repeat any rumors I hear like this. If it is true, there is nothing we can do about it. If it isn't true, we may create problems where none exist.

"I, as well as many thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of Adventists have paid for a lifetime subscription to Dominion SkyAngel with the understanding that 3ABN was a permanent part of the channel lineup. "

Sky Angel may not even be permanent. I would suspect it is all about ratings. If the 3ABN ratings drop on Sky Angel it may well be dropped at some future date. Since so many Adventists with Sky Angel are now buying FTA systems, that seems more likely than before.

N4ST said:
The kit included everything I needed for the job, although I did replace the crimp on F-connectors with compression types. No grounding block for the coax was provided and I did not use one. I may have second thoughts on that later.
View attachment 8953

I would ground it. I have found some FTA receivers are more acceptable to lightening, surges, etc. Glad to here it is up and running. :)

I do believe SA* wants to bring the affected channels back eventually. I don't believe they would lie.

I also don't believe that this move is in any way based on the content of programming, because I don't think SA* would have picked Spirit to be removed. Since they had the channel developed just for SA* to fit it's subscribers' requests, I just can't see them dropping it.

Dropping Spirit

Maybe if you owned Sky Angel, you would not drop it. But the new owner dropped it, and we cannot "see" it now so seeing is believing that it happened. Spirt is dropped.

Hi Guys

I did enjoyed the programs on 3ABN over the weekend. It was great. I had my dish turned to AMC4 during the weekend and the 10 commandments day was wonderful. Great sermons ... I enjoy the one from New York. If you watch it ... let's hear your feedback

Definately ground the system. I am very suprised that the install kit was missing the ground block. Please call 888-393-4673 and the techs will be happy to send out a replacement at no charge.

Don't want to wander too far off topic, but how does one ground the system? One of the coax cable has a ground wire on it but I don't know what to do with it.

I can buy a copper rod and drive it in the ground next to the dish if I need to.

ShaneLinder said:
Don't want to wander too far off topic, but how does one ground the system? One of the coax cable has a ground wire on it but I don't know what to do with it.

I can buy a copper rod and drive it in the ground next to the dish if I need to.

install a ground block by your power ground and run a piece of copper from it to the vertical ground off of your meter. You will have to cut the wire into and put connectors on it to hook the cable up to the ground block.

I don't know what a grounding block is. I have a grounding rod by my electrical meter. Do I connect this grounding block to the grounding rod? and what do I connect to the grounding block?

use a ground block as pictured below, take 12 gauge piece of copper wire and strip the jacket off enough to insert it in the hole and tighten the screw down. Once you do that, run the wire over to the #4 gauge bare copper coming out of your power meter and use a #4 split bolt ground clamp and put it on and strip the jacket back again and insert the bare copper into the split bolt and tighten it tight. I usally use a cresent and lock jaws to tighten it but if you get to carried away, you will break the split bolt.

Attachments

• pRS1C-2372819t98.jpg
    pRS1C-2372819t98.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 114
  • grounding2.gif
    grounding2.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 147
May 25, 2006

As you may already be aware, on April 14th, Good Friday, we experienced a sudden loss of programming on 10 of our 36 channels. EchoStar Communications Corp., owner of the DISH Network satellite service, communicated to us that this loss was due to a technical failure of its EchoStar III satellite that we are currently sharing with EchoStar per a technical agreement we have with the company. We were successful in working with EchoStar to get seven of our 10 channels back on the air fairly quickly. Regrettably, three channels were not reinstated, and this technical failure evolved into contractual issues with EchoStar that, due to confidentiality restrictions in our agreement, we cannot publicly discuss. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to negotiate through the issues and are now prohibited from reinstating the channels that carried Three Angels Broadcasting, Golden Eagle Broadcasting and SPIRIT. Now that there is finality concerning our negotiations with EchoStar and it is certain that we will not be able to provide these three channels at this time, I wanted you to understand the reason.

I deeply regret the inconvenience that this interruption in programming may have caused you. As many of you know, we’ve faced a number of challenges with our relationship with EchoStar over the past few years; the Lord has guided us to positive outcomes in these cases (Romans 8:28) and we will continue to trust in Him for guidance and strength (Proverbs 3:5,6).

Presently we are exploring an option that might enable us to add one or two channels sometime in the future. We are happy to be able to continue carrying “3ABN Today” on our Angel One channel and hope to work with 3ABN to air special events, such as 3ABN’s “Ten Commandments Weekend” special that we carried in May on our special events channel, Angel Two. We continue to carry Safe TV which airs several of the same programs that 3ABN airs, including Sabbath programming. Additionally, in early June, we are trading the SuperChannel TBN feed with the national Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) feed on Channel 9709. TBN carries many of the same programs that aired on Golden Eagle and many others that were not previously airing on Sky Angel. Also, there are programs that aired on Golden Eagle that are airing on other Sky Angel channels as well, such as Richard Roberts’ “Hour of Healing” on our Angel One and Angel Two channels. Additionally, while Sky Angel already offers more contemporary Christian music than any other cable or satellite provider, we will be looking for ways to add more Christian music in cooperation with SPIRIT Television. If you are not a subscriber to our monthly printed TV guide, “Sky Angel Guide”, I encourage you to visit our free online program guide at www.skyguide.org or by clicking here to find out when your favorite shows are airing.

I ask for your prayers as we continue to move forward with the vision the Lord gave my father, Robert Johnson, Sr., for this project a little more than 25 years ago. Sky Angel’s mission is to build and operate a global direct broadcast satellite system, using our own satellites, as the most effective means of assuring that the Gospel will penetrate every nation, culture and people—even the most unreachable regions of the world. To build and launch our own satellite will cost in the neighborhood of $150 million dollars to achieve. It’s an awesome mission in both magnitude and cost, however, one that our studies have shown is attainable with the dedication of our staff and the growing support of Christians here in America subscribing to the Sky Angel service. We have been in negotiations with a satellite manufacturer for some time and have begun an effort to identify sources that will be helpful in raising the necessary funds. Sometimes the challenge seems almost beyond comprehension, but I’m constantly reminded that with God’s help everything is possible and that God’s will always prevails. As we grow, it is my prayer that additional resources will become available that will enable Sky Angel to support various other works of ministry around the world with one common purpose: to share the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.

Yes, Sky Angel is a television service, still delivering into your home, church or business a wonderful array of TV and radio channels to edify, inform and entertain. But Sky Angel is also a unique work of ministry whose impact for the Kingdom has the potential to be huge. I pray that we can count on your support as we continue to trust in the Lord to guide us during this challenging yet exciting journey.

In His service,

Rob Johnson
CEO

P.S. Please understand that our call center representatives have no further information to provide.

Last edited:
Source?

This would be bad news for Sky Angel. Obviously SA didn't have a clause in the contract with Dish that if a failure occured on a transponder SA was using, that SA could take back a transponder that they leased to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts