No more Atlanta Braves on Sports South?

Any updates? We're big sports fans and would greatly appreciate any news. I checked the Fox Sports South web page and the same message, no Braves Baseball in Atl. on this channel. The multiple disputes/pissing contests are getting old. If not resolved soon, will probably push me to Direct after 11+ years with Dish.

Drift - if you have any streaming device, try what I did. I'm able to watch the blacked out games on mlb.tv

Any updates? We're big sports fans and would greatly appreciate any news. I checked the Fox Sports South web page and the same message, no Braves Baseball in Atl. on this channel. The multiple disputes/pissing contests are getting old. If not resolved soon, will probably push me to Direct after 11+ years with Dish.

I will be going on vacation in a couple of weeks. If the dispute is not settled when I return I will be switching to Direct. Dish needs to learn that no matter how inexpensive their service may be, it is not worth it to the consumer if their programming does not contain what the subscriber wants to see.

You can change services now. As I stated this type of "dispute" is not normally going to be resolved until the next contract. This is very different than a contact ending dispute, they are in the middle of a contract and changed the rules, and Dish is very unlikely to just fork over more money. For your sake I hope I'm wrong but I don't remember anytime where this situation got resolved till the next contract, and there have been a few.

$25 mlb credit

FYI, I also called CS - and they applied a $25 credit on my bill for compensation. Better then nothing, and I really did not have to beg for it.

Here is what dish is saying about this.

We will not accept the demands of Fox Sports and will not increase prices to our customers. We appreciate your customers’ concern and their loyalty. We are proud to consistently offer the best prices in the industry.

:haha:haha:haha :facepalm

Braves game blacked out

Does anyone know why the Braves game is blacked out in Atlanta? The is the 2nd night in a row. As far as I can tell, it is not on any national network.

Nope. Looks like FSS is being greedy trying to change terms of contracts mid way.

Unfortunate for us Atlantans. However, FSS picked up those games that used to be on Peachtree TV, which, two years ago went dark on Dish. Peachtree held the braves games over their heads to get Dish to renew the contract.

Now that FSS has rights to those games, Charlie is essentially paying twice for those. I side with Dish on this one. Although I did drop regional sports network channels because of this, MLB.tv has filled the gap, especially when I got it on fathers day for $50 for the rest of the season.

Since I'm in a blackout area, I simply use unblockus to hide my location from mlb.tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts