No more Atlanta Braves on Sports South?

I am so upset with the treatment I received from customer service regarding this issue that I am considering, even with their crappy picture quality, calling UVERSE and terminating my Dish account. It appears the customer service agents are kept in the dark regarding these issues and can provide no constructive information.

Try Dish Loyalty.
888 683 6074

Thats how I read it. When the games were on WPCH they were on an alternate channel outside of the Atlanta DMA (but in the Braves market) just like the Twins games on WFTC29 in Minneapolis (we had to watch it on 29 but folks outside Minneapolis market saw it on a RSN alt)

Well, I can confirm that I did get the Friday game on SportSouth. It wasn't worth watching a 10-0 loss, but it was on. I had to "move" back home from Atlanta though.

It would seem to me that the fair thing is for dish to pay FSS the same amount that they were paying Peachtree for those games.

I have absolutely no personal knowledge of the Dish-Peachtree contract, but unless the Dish lawyers are inept (not beyond the realm of possibility), Dish had a contract with Peachtree for X amount for those games and if FSS bought the games from Peachtree, they also bought the agreement that Peachtree made with Dish, otherwise Peachtree may be in breech of contract with Dish for failure to deliver contend agreed to.

It would seem to me that the fair thing is for dish to pay FSS the same amount that they were paying Peachtree for those games.

I have absolutely no personal knowledge of the Dish-Peachtree contract, but unless the Dish lawyers are inept (not beyond the realm of possibility), Dish had a contract with Peachtree for X amount for those games and if FSS bought the games from Peachtree, they also bought the agreement that Peachtree made with Dish, otherwise Peachtree may be in breech of contract with Dish for failure to deliver contend agreed to.

Do we know that to be true? I'm guessing not because it happens so often. Those games were most likely moved because FSS paid much more for them, and wants much more for them. As for Peachtree not fulfilling the contract, I'm certain for most any sports programming, Dish simply does not have to pay whatever the fee was. But if the provider wants much more that's when Dish waits till the next contract negotiation. I'm not necessarily defending that, but there has been a strong response to increasing TV fees, and probably no reminder is needed, but sports is a big reason for it.

I'm jumping in late. Even though this isn't an attempt to defend Charlie, the actions of the Sports Nets is just plain greed. Imagine every time a program jumped nets, the new net would have the right to renegotiate carriage. This is like Showtime demanding that the companies pay a few cents more because it picked up Inside the NFL from HBO. Or, it would blackout the show. Dish paid for carriage of a channel. That should include anything the channel decides to broadcast.

This weekend's entire series as of now will be blacked out. Anyone have any insight as to if this will be resolved? I think three games in a row will be a tipping point for some to either drop Dish or "move".....

I don't expect it to get resolved until a new contract comes up with FSS. It's feasible they can both come to an agreement, I just wouldn't be waiting for it.

What are did you "move" to? And I'll ask again since nobody provided an answer: how does one "move" with Dish and how easy is it?
Macon, Augusta, or Columbus would get you the games, but your locals would be swapped for theirs (ie, CBS13 instead of CBS46, plus no CW or WPCH).

This weekend's entire series as of now will be blacked out. Anyone have any insight as to if this will be resolved? I think three games in a row will be a tipping point for some to either drop Dish or "move".....
That is insane. You either do or don't get a channel. The MLB should prohibit garbage like this. I hope something is worked out quickly.

From all the comments I've read here, I compare Dish to Wal-Mart. They are both committed to delivering rock-bottom prices on their product(s), but the aggressive strong-arm tactics they use to accomplish those prices with their vendors leave a bad taste in the vendor's mouth. And it doesn't always work out in the customers' best interests.

From all the comments I've read here, I compare Dish to Wal-Mart. They are both committed to delivering rock-bottom prices on their product(s), but the aggressive strong-arm tactics they use to accomplish those prices with their vendors leave a bad taste in the vendor's mouth. And it doesn't always work out in the customers' best interests.

Except with the way Dish mixes up their programming tiers and hardware costs, I pay the same with them as I do with DirecTV. If I didn't prefer the Hopper system to DirecTV's setup (that I use six months out of the year) then I'd have no reason to use Dish.

What are did you "move" to? And I'll ask again since nobody provided an answer: how does one "move" with Dish and how easy is it?

I just gave them my real address in Tennessee. Moving is extremely easy. You can do it in an online chat and tell them your new service address, and that everything is hooked up and working OK if they ask. Once they change the service address to a market outside of Atlanta you'll get the Braves again.

Thanks to everyone who provided input for me. Especially Iceberg.

With the knowledge shared, I'll be moving tomorrow if the games are blacked out.

Just had a chat with Dish.

I subscribed to mlb.TV and setup a proxy so I could get the Braves games here in Atlanta. $25 a month. Explained situation to the rep and she knew exactly what was going on.

Results:

Dish credited me the $25 for mlb.tv no questions asked.
I get a month of free mlb.TV with all the games.

Hopefully this gets resolved, otherwise I'll keep mlb.TV and next month request Dish pay for it again.

Can't complain. I'm happy. Thanks Dish, for now...

Updates?

Any updates? We're big sports fans and would greatly appreciate any news. I checked the Fox Sports South web page and the same message, no Braves Baseball in Atl. on this channel. The multiple disputes/pissing contests are getting old. If not resolved soon, will probably push me to Direct after 11+ years with Dish.

For those in that DMA I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't the kind of dispute that gets resolved till the next contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)