No more DNS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I just received an email from Dish that says that they'll no longer offer DNS after 11/15. I am supposed to contact All American Direct. Does anyone know anything about this?

So they are dropping the RV distants?

Some of us did say there did not seem to be enough subscribers given it can only be for RV/Truckers. I know some were thinking there are plenty of RV'rs but I just could not see that. So now the real question - will AAD go back to HD or is it still too expensive for the amount of subscribers they have?

Last edited:
AAD wants twice as much money for SD from San Francisco and NYC. Unless there is something better at Direct, it looks like us RVers don't have a choice. A little notice would have been nice, though.

Here is a copy of the email...

As of November 15th, DISH will no longer broadcast Los Angeles and New York distant network channels to recreational vehicle or commercial vehicle customers.

If you wish to continue receiving distant network channels, we recommend that you contact All American Direct (AAD), a separate company not associated with DISH. AAD offers distant networks from San Francisco
and New York in SD to recreational vehicle or commercial vehicle owners. You can still use your current equipment, so there is nothing to buy or upgrade.

To get more information or sign up, contact All American Direct by visiting mydistantnetworks.com or calling 1-800-921-9677.

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

Seems to also redefine the phrase, 'Thank you for being a valued DISH customer'.

Just called AAD and since we are "former" customers its just a matter of reactivating our former account. If you're not a former AAD customer you will most likely have to requalify for DNs which means a bit of a wait before they are activated. Thanks for nothing Dish.....

It has been well more than a year on Dish DNS so AAD will have to have the annual RV Registration proof.

So that's why Dish moved those DNS locals off to the imaginary sat at 148.:D Should have known something was up when they were playing with them.Hopefully they will allow AAD to have HD channels again.Adding them to the eastern arc would also be nice.

If someone watched a few hours of streaming TV using dishnet they would go over their bandwidth cap.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Unless there is something better at Direct, it looks like us RVers don't have a choice.
The problem with DIRECTV is the cost of the dance card to get into HD being pretty high as you can't use just any old dish (tripod users don't need to fret). Truckers typically can't use tripods.

Last edited:
Spoke with AAD tonight and they said they're working on adding PBS but will not be offering HD distants since it costs too much for them to be able to offer.

And I just had a Winegard Trav'ler 1000 installed on my RV. I hope they will still let us have the local spotbeams if we are somewhere for a while. Had I known this in August, it would have been GOODBYE DISH. And DISH still has some spotbeam areas with no HD service. I have always kept AAD just so I would have something in route. Sure wish they would let them go back to HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)