No more DNS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So if I tell Dish that my service address is in LA, will I get the current DNS nation-wide LA stations (KABC, KNBC, KCBS, KTTV) as my locals and would I still be able to get them "locally" nation-wide? and in HD?

I would lose the east coast SD DNS stations, but still have half of the old DNS stations as my locals.

not gonna work unless you are in the spotbeat of the LA TV Market.

now that Dish is doing away with in house DNS, that means the only choices are AAD or stick with the local market in the area you are currently located.

There are no CONUS HD LA locals.

So you are saying the DNS HD LA stations I am getting now in Texas (KABC, KNBC, KCBS, KTTV) are completely going away (as part of DNS going away) and that they are now only going to be available only in the LA area using a spot beam instead of a something that currently covers the nation.

So you are saying the DNS HD LA stations I am getting now in Texas (KABC, KNBC, KCBS, KTTV) are completely going away (as part of DNS going away) and that they are now only going to be available only in the LA area using a spot beam instead of a something that currently covers the nation.

Yes. You can receive locals from SF and NY from AAD.

The current LA Locals have been spot beamed. Only DNS users used the CONUS transponders.

It was one of the things that I didn't understand. I would have just had the CONUS LA transponders and use the Spot Beams for somewhere else.

But it doesn't matter any more.

At least Autohop works with AAD. Now if PTAT would be enabled with the other SD locations.

Yes.

At 6:00 AM CST, the LA DNS channels have a the splash about calling AAD but the NY channels are still coming through and my Locals have not been turned on.

Day 2, the NY DNS signals are still alive and my Locals haven't been turned on yet. Dish isn't handling this very well.

I have just switched to Dish from Direct. I had both coast SD DNS. It was $20.00 a month. New customers can only get one coast feed which is based upon their BILLING address, not service address. RV waiver is required and it takes up to two weeks to get the service. For example Texas gets East Coast DNS..........Don't know the price for the feeds from one coast. AAD was $5.00 cheaper for both coast in SD

AAD is the ONLY way to get them with Dish now. New customers can't get the one set of locals from Dish....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)