No more HD Distant Networks?

Still have ABC and FOX in HD out of Chicago in the US Virgin Islands. No email or phone call from Sobongo.

Local nets are not available on Dish. I can only receive one channel off air. For me getting ABC and FOX even in SD is better than nothing.

If Dish begins offering locals in our market the stations may come from Puerto Rico which will mean some of the audio will be in Spanish. The reason I subscribed to Dish instead of Direct is because Direct provides their Latin America package in the USVI even though English is the official language.

Jim

Well we get ABC from PR I get it OTA HD to, NBC Virgin Islands, CBS WSEE, Fox PR, WXVF VI, WAPA spa TELEMUNDO, UNIVSION, CW PR, WAPA Sports channel, WCCV RElig., CV 24 Span, WMEI MEGA TV SPANish

The (minor) problem I see with Ivi is how horribly delayed game content is, other than that its a pretty cool service, not outstanding quality but worth the price now they added Chicago and LA.

I like it. My sister in law lives in Seattle and my wife is from there. I hope they keep adding more markets. I hear Philadelphia is next.

my AAD/Sobongo billing cycle date was the 5th, so my HD dropped on that day.
I called Sobongo and turned on the SD network channels 241-248
I am also in the USVI, it is my only option for networks.
This absolutely sux.
Had trouble calling Sobongo from here, you may need to use the 317 number below to reach them via Sprint/Innovative

Thank you for contacting Sobongo formerly All American Direct Customer Care department. I have forwarded your information to the Distant Networks department
and someone will be contacting you momentarily at the information provided. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Distant Networks Department
to obtain further information about your Distant Network account. The phone number is 1-800-909-9677. Our standard business hours are Monday-Saturday
11am-8pm and Sunday 12pm-9pmor 1-317-845-4400 (only Mon-Fri 9:00AM-5:00PM. Our representatives are standing by to take your call. Thank you for your patronage.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please reply to this email with any other questions you may have.

Thank you,

Customer Support Team
Sobongo.com
1-888-SOBONGO (888-762-6646)

my AAD/Sobongo billing cycle date was the 5th, so my HD dropped on that day.
I called Sobongo and turned on the SD network channels 241-248
I am also in the USVI, it is my only option for networks.
This absolutely sux.
Had trouble calling Sobongo from here, you may need to use the 317 number below to reach them via Sprint/Innovative

Thank you for contacting Sobongo formerly All American Direct Customer Care department. I have forwarded your information to the Distant Networks department
and someone will be contacting you momentarily at the information provided. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Distant Networks Department
to obtain further information about your Distant Network account. The phone number is 1-800-909-9677. Our standard business hours are Monday-Saturday
11am-8pm and Sunday 12pm-9pmor 1-317-845-4400 (only Mon-Fri 9:00AM-5:00PM. Our representatives are standing by to take your call. Thank you for your patronage.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please reply to this email with any other questions you may have.

Thank you,

Customer Support Team
Sobongo.com
1-888-SOBONGO (888-762-6646)

i called sobongo at 1-800-728-3950 and got right through today 1/8/2011 :)

I would agree partially, something I've noticed during major events is how most ads are exactly the same no matter if you're watching a feed from Chicago, Milwaukee or Davenport for example.

Not the national ads, it's the hell spawn local broadcasters and their po-dunk ads that are causing the trouble.

Local stations usually get a commercial insert every half hour or so, you probably will notice the commercials becomming SD with poor production quality and the volume level suddenly jumping.

I also paid for CBS yearly. When I spoke to ADD they asked me to send a written letter to Customer Service and they would process and send me a check for the balance due me after Jan 12th. For some odd reason he could not tell me what the balance was. I was paid until mid June.

Here is the address

Sobongo/ADD
7999 Knue Road
Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46250
1-800-909-9677

Hope this helps.

Ok, its done, applied my credit towards getting the NY networks for a year, all in glorious SD.
As it seems SD is the hottest thing now days. :confused:

Welcome to the 20th century.

Last edited:
I also paid for CBS yearly. When I spoke to ADD they asked me to send a written letter to Customer Service and they would process and send me a check for the balance due me after Jan 12th. For some odd reason he could not tell me what the balance was. I was paid until mid June.

Here is the address

Sobongo/ADD
7999 Knue Road
Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46250
1-800-909-9677

Hope this helps.

Maybe you had to play CSR roulette, I was told how much my remaining balance was and applied that towards a new sub.

Here is the address

Sobongo/ADD
7999 Knue Road
Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46250
1-800-909-9677

Hope this helps.

TRY THIS NUMBER I GOT THROUGH RIGHT AWAY AND CALLED SOBONGO AT 1-800-728-3950 ON 1/8/2011:)

I think DISH wants the transponder space back.
Dish says they now offer 94% of the country locals in HD but not in my area.

And there is no telling how long the missing 6% of the country is going to have to wait for there missing HD locals.......... I'm not sure sure it's very high on "E"'s priority list........ but I could be wrong.

No announcement yet, but would not surprise me to see them announce them soon. All their ducks are lined up in a row. :)

But DISH won't be delivering hd distants like AAD. They will be just filling in the lost networks with neighboring dmas right? Unless the new satellite rules allow hd distants, even if you have your locals from DISH already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)