No North Dakota Hockey FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cannot give out to much info in a public area, but i received confirmation tomorrow's Midco feed for UND Football vs Valparaiso is scheduled to be on AMC9 and encrypted. :( No idea if this will continue through hockey season, guessing yes. :(

Last edited:
:( I'd guess yes also. Thanks [for nothing] fox. :(
Although I do have Midcable, the FTA feed quality was a great deal better.

Last edited:
once again fox has NOTHING to do with it. All they do is pick up the games. Note the original chicken little post was a YEAR ago and they never scrambled the feeds.

The main reason is simple
Midco last year paid a sh**load of money to carry the games and this year the hockey games will be in HD. They don't want everyone picking up the feed especially Fargo where its not Midco (its cable one) and Midco is trying to get competitive in markets where its not them (they are mainly in ND & SD). So they scrambled it and only are allowing specific cable companies to carry the games

well there is more to that story. Midco wants cable companies to carry the channel full time. From CSI cable in Jamestown

Midco Sports Net – exclusive home to UND Hockey. A change this year, as UND Hockey will only be available to viewers if MSN is carried as a full-time channel, which will include University of South Dakota and South Dakota State University sports, plus the UND Sports Network, and other broadcasts of University of North Dakota sports, along with many other smaller colleges in the Dakotas and Minnesota.

Lots of cable companies only picked up the feed for the UND games and put them on a station part time like public access or a shopping channel. The Fargo/Cable One reason I posted above is another reason.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)