No on Demand

truenova

Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
NA
I have just started using a used 722k reciever. Everything is working perfectily except that even though all the diagnostics say my ethernet connection is working, my dish cinema and dish platinum menues say that there are no titles. I have reset a few times and the reciever is in the DMZ on my router. Dish online can edit my dvr ok and I can view movies and tv on my computer fine. This has me stumped and advice would be appreciated

I have just started using a used 722k reciever. Everything is working perfectily except that even though all the diagnostics say my ethernet connection is working, my dish cinema and dish platinum menues say that there are no titles. I have reset a few times and the reciever is in the DMZ on my router. Dish online can edit my dvr ok and I can view movies and tv on my computer fine. This has me stumped and advice would be appreciated

How long as your receiver been up and running? If it's very new, it may take a few days until your On Demand stuff populates.

I just set it up on friday. I thought with an internet connection, the content in dish platinum in the dvr menu would be delivered and populate imediatly. I hope that doesn't mean it would take along time to stream movies as well... I will give it a few more days in that case and see if anything changes.

Its up and running now but really slow to browse through. And I can't figure out how to watch a show while it is downloading. Wish I could say it was worth the wait, overall the selection is kind of lame, not even any hbo on demand. Dish online is way better than their actual on demand service for the stb.

truenova,

Depending upon your broadband speed, it can take a few minutes to several minutes or longer. Once the download begins, the download will buffer. When enough content is available to view, you will have a Watch Now or Watch Later buttons. As you are viewing, if you select Watch Now, it may buffer again. When this has happened to me, I will stop the playback, select the movie to watch again and I don't have buffering again. My DL and UL speeds are 10 MB and 4 MB respectively. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)