Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
My neighbors informed me that a friend of theirs in-the-know has determined that the reason they can't get the local channels on their rabbit ears is because of my C-Band dishes blocking their signal and I need to remove them because they are illegal anyway. I suggested they should go with that idea and hire a lawyer to get rid of my FTA dishes. ;) In the mean time I told them I would post online about this because folks (in-the-know)need a good laugh. I told them I would nominate their friend for a "Dumb ass award".

Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

200_s.gif

LOL!!!!

The neighbor's brother's cousin's wife's 3rd husband's stepson's uncle's brother was friends with the half-sister of a cable installer who has an Internet blog about knitting, and she told a friend that big satellite dishes absorb local TV signals and are linked to crop circles.

I swear that it's true!
And that's first hand info, straight from the horses a... mouth ;)

LOL!!!!

The neighbor's brother's cousin's wife's 3rd husband's stepson's uncle's brother was friends with the half-sister of a cable installer who has an Internet blog about knitting, and she told a friend that big satellite dishes absorb local TV signals and are linked to crop circles.

I swear that it's true!
It must be true,I just read it on the internet :biggrin

You know going by their logic that C-Band dishes are illegal...why cause they are old and antiquated??
So by their logic so is rabbit ears.
Anywho, I just got off the phone with someone I know that is "in the know", turns out they are correct, but they are also using illegal rabbit ears.

C-Band Dishes, rabbit ears, and OTA TV antennas of any kind became illegal in the Betterment of TV act of 1996. ::(
I mean there was a 4 year grace period, but by 2000 all had to be gotten rid of or pay fines.
As TV started going digital, the now legal way to view it is via a cable company or via DISH or Directv. Also this is when viewing fees became mandatory.
In fact there are hundreds of pirate TV stations around the country still that re-broadcast for free via Terrestrial and Satellite. :eeek
It is just with budget cuts the FCC does not have the man power to keep them shut down.

:D:D:D

What I would do is set up a satellite dish with a transmitter on it and aim at their house and see what they would do. My neighbor came over one day and said the similar thing he said he was getting some of my channels. I said unless you have a ESP, RG6 ran all the way over to your apartment from mine or transmitted by wifi then you can't have my signal. Some people can be so dumb sometimes.

Reactions: fred555
Thanks guys, I needed a good laugh!

Tell them to be quiet or you'll point your evil C-Band Dish a.k.a. "The Deathray Zapper" at their house while they sleep, and they'll never know what hit 'em.

Or if you want to win them over, put a decent antenna on their roof and they'll be your friends for life. Err, wait, that could be bad too....

I think I have a plan. This neighbor has been pilfering my wi-fi access for 6 months. Mostly his kid playing with an old xbox 360. He got the password from his aunt who I let use it on her cellphone three years ago when she was up her for her father's funeral. She was here again for mom's funeral 6 months ago.
So I'll ask him if he thinks maybe changing the password on my wi-fi access point or turning it off will improve his TV reception? ;)

Reactions: FTA4PA and Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts