No OTA on H20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I've had my H20 for almost a year now. I've use a DB2 antenna with no problem. As of today, I am getting nothing via OTA (I got every available station before). The antenna is connected fine, coax-wise, so no problems there. I rescanned in all the stations, and still nothing. Zero signal on all stations.

Is there a chance the OTA tuner in my H20 could be bad? I can think of no other reason to have lost all the OTA?

Anybody have an idea?

Have you tried resetting the receiver?

I used to have that problem periodically with my old Samsung TS360. I would unplug it and restart it, and the channels would re-appear.

Thanks cal87. I should've simply just reset the receiver. The rescan didn't work, but the reset did. I have a feeling this receiver (H20) may be failing. Its running very hot, which is not uncommon, but its been very hot lately and has been rebooting too.

I've had that problem on my old E-86 from time to time. Sometimes it happens if a local channel does a bad PSIP update. A reboot via pulling the power is the only way to clean it out.

I've also found no OTA when my darling wife accidently turned off the power booster connected to the antenna. Talk about hard to find. DOH!

When I first got an H20 it was the H20-600. Last summer it was running so hot I'm pretty sure I could cook on it! I called DirecTV and they sent me an H20-100 which runs much faster and is barely warm to the touch.

Do you use a Favorites guide?
After moving, I re-scanned and it pulled-in a ton of OTA channels. Then when viewing my guide, the channels were not there. Try re-building your favorites list; select 'All channels' then see if the OTA's are available.

I've had my H20 for almost a year now. I've use a DB2 antenna with no problem. As of today, I am getting nothing via OTA (I got every available station before). The antenna is connected fine, coax-wise, so no problems there. I rescanned in all the stations, and still nothing. Zero signal on all stations.

Is there a chance the OTA tuner in my H20 could be bad? I can think of no other reason to have lost all the OTA?

Anybody have an idea?

I had the same problem but only once so far. Changed the channel to view my local HD's and then the screen went into the searching for signal. All my locals were gone from the guide and no picture.

My solution was to reset the H20 via the red button. After that I re-scanned the locals and poof.....they were back. No issues since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)