no phone line fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rustysung

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I just connect a RJ45 cable to my VIP622 receiver, and did a diagnostics. I get broadband and phone connection failure. Is there anything that I gotta setup with my router or something else that i gotta do.

By-pass your router. Go straight from modem to 622 and see if you still get that msg.
If your computers are working fine on your router the 622 should also.

well it depends how you set up your router.
But first if you go to menu 6 1 9 1
what do you see is there an IP address ? if you see 0.0.0.0 try network reset, if you dont get an ip address then yes you will need to set up dhcp or turn off filtering or maybe something else

Thx guys. I just did network reset, and now everything seems ok. also i did a dignostics and my boardband connnection is connected.

Thanks guys.

Can anyone please confirm 100% that connecting the ethernet port on a 622/722 will avoid the montly phone line fee? Every time I call the idiots at dish to ask this question I get the run-around (expected I guess). All i want to do is upgrade to a 622/722 w/o montly phone fees...

More detailed searching answered my question... yes the ethernet will avoid the phone fee...

Last edited:
Guys, how can I confirm so that I will avoid the $5 monthly no phone line fee. Everytime I called up they alwayz give me different answers. What can I do?

My installer told me the ethernet connection wouldn't get rid of the $5 fee - had to have phoneline connected.

He also installed legacy adapters on my old receivers w/ a DPP44.

That's why this place is great. You can usually get the right answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts