No Phone Line + Regional Sports Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlatham

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about getting directv, and I was wondering if not having a phone line will hinder my ability to recieve fox sports midwest. I called directv a couple of weeks ago and they said I must have a phone line connected to recieve my regional sports network. I get a different answer everytime I call there so I thought I might take a poll here. Thanks!

John

No, the lack of a land line will not prevent anything but remote ordering/billing of PPV and events (which you can do online for free or by phone for $5)

Hello everyone. I'm thinking about getting directv, and I was wondering if not having a phone line will hinder my ability to recieve fox sports midwest. I called directv a couple of weeks ago and they said I must have a phone line connected to recieve my regional sports network. I get a different answer everytime I call there so I thought I might take a poll here. Thanks!

John

If you download the latest national firmware update, you don't need a landline. I have always received all my programming without a landline. You can order PPV online with your username and pin, and all of your receivers will get all the PPV you ordered for the same price versus using the remote which will restrict it to that one receiver.

Regional Sports have nothing to do with a landline connection. RSN reception is via satellite.

I was told that too by most CSRs, but I have been getting my local RSN for almost two years and the receivers do not know what a phone line is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)