This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

no phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phil337

Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
I have a hd dvr.I ordered a few ppv movies on my remote and I do not have a phone line hooked to my dvr.What is the limit on this?If I hook my dvr to the internet would the ppv show up on my account?
thanks

Limit without a connection use to be $ 30, but that was a LONG time ago.
Eventually you'll pay for it ... when they shut your card off after a certain amount of time without calling in. (phone or internet , now)

Limit without a connection use to be $ 30, but that was a LONG time ago.
Eventually you'll pay for it ... when they shut your card off after a certain amount of time without calling in. (phone or internet , now)

Interesting comment - I ditched the landline a little over 6 years ago now - no problems in all that time with "card being cut off". No net connection tied to the receivers either. DTV sub for about 9 years now.

Interesting comment - I ditched the landline a little over 6 years ago now - no problems in all that time with "card being cut off". No net connection tied to the receivers either. DTV sub for about 9 years now.
its not that they shut your card off for not calling in, the newer boxes shut off the IPPV if they don't phone back after a purchase

If we dont get a call back in 30 days the reciver will turn off IPPV (impluse PPV) after 60 we also send down a command to disable ppv on older boxes . This still allows you to order ppv through other means just not the remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.