no phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phil337

Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
I have a hd dvr.I ordered a few ppv movies on my remote and I do not have a phone line hooked to my dvr.What is the limit on this?If I hook my dvr to the internet would the ppv show up on my account?
thanks

Limit without a connection use to be $ 30, but that was a LONG time ago.
Eventually you'll pay for it ... when they shut your card off after a certain amount of time without calling in. (phone or internet , now)

Limit without a connection use to be $ 30, but that was a LONG time ago.
Eventually you'll pay for it ... when they shut your card off after a certain amount of time without calling in. (phone or internet , now)

Interesting comment - I ditched the landline a little over 6 years ago now - no problems in all that time with "card being cut off". No net connection tied to the receivers either. DTV sub for about 9 years now.

Interesting comment - I ditched the landline a little over 6 years ago now - no problems in all that time with "card being cut off". No net connection tied to the receivers either. DTV sub for about 9 years now.
its not that they shut your card off for not calling in, the newer boxes shut off the IPPV if they don't phone back after a purchase

If we dont get a call back in 30 days the reciver will turn off IPPV (impluse PPV) after 60 we also send down a command to disable ppv on older boxes . This still allows you to order ppv through other means just not the remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)