No Pic's

ctp

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2020
Canada
Seem to have lost the ability to view most of the pictures and videos on the internet. With the end of Adobe Flashplayer at the end of the month and not very computer savy would like some input correcting this issue.

i5, Windows 8.1, GeForce GTX 75 Ti, 24G memory, FireFox browser.

Thanks in advance.

Have you messed with the settings in your browser?
Also, do you have a strong anti-virus program running that is set "too tight".....or more than one running?

Reactions: HipKat
Seem to have lost the ability to view most of the pictures and videos on the internet. With the end of Adobe Flashplayer at the end of the month and not very computer savy would like some input correcting this issue.

i5, Windows 8.1, GeForce GTX 75 Ti, 24G memory, FireFox browser.
That is very hard to diagnose without more info. I would normally speculate you don't have an Intel processor, but you say "i5" so that can't be the issue. You also mentioned 24GB of RAM so you can't get into swap hell either.

Can you give us an example of a website that does not display the pictures? One of us can go there and hone in on the problem.

When signing out of email you get sent to msn.com are shown the current affairs crap and can then tangent off to a story. Here there are slide shows of various more crap and where I cannot see the pictures. Go figure?

Sounds to me you are running a ad blocker that is stopping the pictures. Look in the upper right corner of firefox and hover over the icons. See if one is a add blocker. I use ublock origin and have to click on it to allow content on some sites.

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
Bingo! Seems I will have to do some research into settings on adware. Using Ublock Origin as well, have no idea how things are done yet.

Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)