No playback of recording

ronharp1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Oregon
Trying to get my Fox First recording to play back. I've set several different ways to record as it would not even record for quite a while. Now it records but will not play back. It does show as being recorded. Will not show info either.
This is the first Dish receiver I have not owned and has been troublesome from the beginning but nothing that I have not been able to figure out and repair until now. The receiver is a Hopper 3.
It has also done this on occasion with Rob Schmitt Tonight on Newsmax.

Hey ronharp1 and JimS.,
Are you getting an error message/code when trying to playback the recording? Or is it just showing a black screen without audio?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey ronharp1 and JimS.,
Are you getting an error message/code when trying to playback the recording? Or is it just showing a black screen without audio?
When the icon on the video page is clicked it goes to the next page and shows the info that is above where the watch box should be but no watch box. Clicking on the info button fails to show info and actually moves you back one step to the original video page. No error message, no black screen, just top portion of what you should see but not the bottom part.
OK, so just clicked the icon and up popped the 2nd page correctly. Shows the box with the channel, the portion watched(0) and the availability(recorded). However, clicking to watch does nothing. Clicking on the info button removes the box with the above info.
Sorry this is so convoluted but I'm generally pretty good at figuring "stuff" out. This has me whupped.

Hey ronharp1 and JimS.,
No error message, no attempt at playback. Similar to ronharp1, I got a screen with very limited info and NO buttons. I deleted the recording with the blue button so I can't test whether the situation has changed since then, but the recording had already sat for several days before I tried it the first time.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)