No power to motor-help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Changed the battery, now no power to the 36 volt terminals to drive the motor. When I go to program satellite, and hit left or right, it says "The physical limit of the dish has been reached". I went into another menu and made sure my limits were still set correctly, they were.

I took the cover of and it appears I have all the wires in the right places.

So what gives?

Did you short something on the motor board? There is a couple mov's that blows on those things. Also is the counter pulse circuit working?

I found a rectifier on the motor board that was just sliding in and out of the solder dab, going to fix it.

Re soldered the rectifier and now it works!

Still some "bugs"

1. When I have the lnb cable unhooked, the menu is in black and white.

2. I get a line of colors while I try to move the dish on a digital channel, but not analog.

Re soldered the rectifier and now it works!

Still some "bugs"

1. When I have the lnb cable unhooked, the menu is in black and white.

2. I get a line of colors while I try to move the dish on a digital channel, but not analog.

1- I think this is normal.

2- Don't understand :)

Come to find out the legs on the rectifier were not long enough to poke through the board and to hold it into place. The rectifier gets a little warm, expanding the solder joins and causing it to droop slightly, loosing contact to the board. I soldered wires in the holes for the rectifier, and soldered them to the rectifier, I taped the rectifier with electrical tape inside the VC2 cage working fine so far.

Receiver must have been made on a Monday. I would get a new diode and replace it with proper lead lengths, there cheap.

I second that, since you say it "warms" enough to loosen when soldered to the surface to droop. The minimal connection to the rectifier is probably not enough to carry the current and overheating. A good solder joint to legs that pass through the board will carry current with less resistance heating. The good solder joints will also take some of the heat off the rectifier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts