No program guide with DCT700

barrykank

Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
I've been with Comcast for a few years now, and I think I've been getting away with one for this whole time.

I have basic cable, but when the contractor came to do the install he didn't seem to know what he was doing and had problems getting sound from the TV, and one of the things he tried was running the cable into the TV through a Motorola DCT700. I guess this is some kind of de-scrambler?

Anyway we lived with that for a while and really enjoyed the program guide feature, which I never had before. About 6 months after having it, my brother in law was staying with us and was fooling around and found that we were receiving every channel, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz...etc and On Demand. I was shocked because we only pay $52/month, but never really though much of it.

A friend told me that I was getting a great deal and Comcast must have screwed something up. This has been going on for 2 years.

Just recently we lost the program guide. We still get all the channels, but no program guide, and no On Demand. I don't really care about On demand but the program guide is handy.

I was going to call Comcast, but I'm thinking that may end my run of this deal. I also thought about adding a Tivo and using that for the program guide, but I don't know if this will work, or not.

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone using a Tivo with a DVT700?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)