No Reception from Me-TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheBUDGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Lexington, KY
On SES 1 at 101°W, I can get Decades, H&I, H&I Alt, Movies!, the TCT channels, the scrambled Viacom channels, Daystar, and a few others. It seems the only channels I can't get are Me-TV 1 and 2. All Weigel channels (Decades, H&I, H&I Alt, and Movies!) come in with a signal reading of about 70% or more. Me-TV 1 & 2 are both 0%. What's the problem?

EDIT: This also applies to the national feeds of ABC on G16 and NBC on SES3, though the highest I can get those range from 0%-10%.

On the Me TV channels on 101W, you could try changing the transponder frequency up/down a bit, like instead of 3973, change it to 3974, or 3972, that may work.

If it's not scanning in at all, manually enter the transponder info, 3973/V/5923, and then scan for it. If it doesn't pick them up, then try adjusting the transponder frequency up/down a bit. I've had to do this before in the past for Me and Movies on 101W with my MicroHD.

Reactions: TheBUDGuy
The ABC network feeds have very little error correction. It's just FEC 9/10, so you need to be spot on for the receiver to lock on them.

I used to get them at 0/10 like you, and fiddled with the dish a bit and they went immediately to 82%, so it really was an all or nothing thing.

The ABC network feeds have very little error correction. It's just FEC 9/10, so you need to be spot on for the receiver to lock on them.

I used to get them at 0/10 like you, and fiddled with the dish a bit and they went immediately to 82%, so it really was an all or nothing thing.
I'll keep fiddling around with it when I get a chance.

I was finally able to get the ABC feeds on 4120 H to come in yesterday. Now later today, I'll try to get Me-TV to come in. I'd like to record Naked City on that feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts