No Red Wings on FSN-HD (Channel 380) in Detroit!!??

bloomis914

Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Does anyone know what is going on with the Red Wings on FSN-HD (Channel 380 or 430HD) in Metro-Detroit???

Once again the game is broadcast on FSN-HD and DISH is not broadcasting it to us....DISH did not show the 12-22 Red Wings game vs. the Minnesota Wild nor did they show tonight's game against St. Louis (12-26). Just Cheesey elevator music and their shameless logo in HD. the SD feed blows. Of course, Comcast and Direct broadcast the feed so what gives DISH???

What is the deal...No one at Dish Tech service has given me an explanation..

All DishHD customers should pay attention as the next two games (Thursday 12-27 and Saturday 12-29) are supposed to be broadcast in HD on FSN-HD (380 or 430HD) in Metro-Detroit.

I couldn't be more torqued at DISH right now!! Seven years of loyalty to DISH and messing with my Red Wings will cause change quickly. This is a travesty.

Suggestions, comments or sarcastic remarks regarding changing to Direct or Comcast are welcome.......But seriously, what the "Censored" is going on with these clowns in the biggest hockey market in the country!!

I have no idea why you didn't get the Wings on FSN-D in HD. I get CI and saw tonights game on St Louis HD channel, and will watch tomorrow nights game on Denver's HD channel. Saturday's game I will only see in FSN-D in SD.

It seems like the only HD feeds on CI are from the home team, when they do show it in HD. I don't know why this should affect FSN-D, or any other local FSN, as I always thought they would just use the local video feed.

BTW, what's will all these stupid ads I see inside peoples threads and replies? Bush

Bob, thanks for the reply.....Where are you located at?

I don't know anything about the ad in my post.....It wasn't there when I typed my original message.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm in NoCal and can only watch the Wings through CI, Versus, HDnet, and NHLHD. Lived outside Detroit until I was 10 (now much older) and love the Wings style of hockey.

Probably doesn't help you much but I can tell you that D* has gone to dual feeds and I haven't missed a FSN-D broadcast (and all their HD games).....including last nite's game vs. Blues. I live in TX.

Looks like both tonite and Saturday's games will only be in glorious SD!:mad: I had no idea that Comcast and D* were showing them in HD. This really sucks! I'm just North of Flint.

Ed

I have no idea why you didn't get the Wings on FSN-D in HD. I get CI and saw tonights game on St Louis HD channel, and will watch tomorrow nights game on Denver's HD channel. Saturday's game I will only see in FSN-D in SD.

It seems like the only HD feeds on CI are from the home team, when they do show it in HD. I don't know why this should affect FSN-D, or any other local FSN, as I always thought they would just use the local video feed.

BTW, what's will all these stupid ads I see inside peoples threads and replies? Bush

Last nite I was pleasantly surprised that Daniels/Murphy were broadcasting the FSN-D feed in HD. I too thought it was only the home games that FSN-D would show in HD but last nite the game was in St. Louis.

Dish is missing ALT HD and SUN HD for the Avs and Lightning games on Saturday, plus they are missing the Wings game Saturday night, this is pissing me off how they are missing HD games.

Start bombarding their customer service e-mail with specific details and complaints....keep it civil and clean and remind them that they are replaceable with D* and Comcast virtually everywhere and neither of them selectively provides HD feeds.

Go to DISH Network -- Home and document your complaint and ask for a response.

Everyone should hammer their customer service e-mail and ask for a response or explanation.....It was suggested to me that if you make enough noise they may throw the Center Ice package at you as a comp to make up for their incompetence or lack of communication.

Let's channel the frustration to their end and ask for answers.

This evening, D* showed four feeds of the Avs/Wings game. SD and HD from both Detroit and Denver. The Avs HD feed was about as good as it gets. Spectacular picture---a bit better than the Wings HD feed for some reason.

I watched the SL game and Ken Daniels said "Brought to you on FSN-HD" so I switched over to 380 and got the tone screen....

did anyone watch the St Louis game in HD?

From a previous problem I have the email address of a person on the CEO support team. I emailed him and will let everyone know what he says.

I watched the SL game and Ken Daniels said "Brought to you on FSN-HD" so I switched over to 380 and got the tone screen....

did anyone watch the St Louis game in HD?

From a previous problem I have the email address of a person on the CEO support team. I emailed him and will let everyone know what he says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eric_C - No one in Detroit with Dish Network watched the St. Louis/Wings game in HD on 12-26 even though it was broadcast in HD by FSN to DISH, Dish chose not to provide it to the Detroit market and/or others due to some technical or financial reasons. Direct and Comcast Customers got it I am sure.

Dish has not broadcast the last 4 FSN-HD telecasts for the Wings on 12-22, 26th, 27th and tonight the 29th.

I called tonight to cancel and they gave me the Center Ice package for free for the balance of the season. Good news/Bad news situation - Good being I get the CBC and west coast games but still no Wings in HD or SD even with CI package. Still does not resolve me missing the Wings in HD. They could not give me an answer as to why they were not broadcasting even though they have access to the feed from FSN-HD.

I look forward to hearing what the higher-ups at DISH say about this. Please keep us informed. Thank you!

all wings game are in hd D tv

i left dish best thing i could have ever done D* tv is the best thing in the world home and away are in in hd!!!!!!!!!!!!! lastnight phonix was in hd away game!!! dish sucks!!!!!

Dish has been having jittery unstable type problems with several FSN-HD channels this season, FSN-Detroit HD has been one of them, FSN-Pitt, FSN-Arizona, FSN-Southwest (which was bad last night against St Louis) it's almost like watching a HD feed and the video stabilizer is not working properly, I have been in contact with the tech department and they are as puzzled as I am why the video has been so jittery.

I hope Dish can get it resolved but it's been going on since the beginning of the season.

How did you get a refund? Man I want a refund as well, I got CI for all the HD and Directv is kicking Dish's ass ever since they have launched all the new RSN's in HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)