No Return Pulse

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sprprsnmn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
At the place where I work we have an old C Band satellite system, which lost the arc during a bad windstorm. I was trying to reprogram the receiver, and the instructions said to move it East until I got a "No Return Pulse" signal, which I did. Then it said to move it West a bit, and set that as the East limit. When I went to move it back West a few degrees, it still gave me a "No Return Pulse" message. Now the dish will not move East or West. What have I broken?

I don;t know for sure but it sounds like You went to far east and extended your jack to far, did You notice the dish while it was traveling east , did it fall on over. anyway if You think it might have, get someone to pick up on the dish with a little pressure and see if it will travel back west then, if it starts then set Your east limits in that range , If it didn't fall, check for loose connections on back of the receiver and out at the jack,and You might also unplug the receiver for about 30 seconds and try that, Hope You get it to work.

reset the limit to where you are...

Did you check to see if the physical limit is east of the recievers programmed limit? This will also cause this i believe. Go to menu -> program access mode, enter password and set antenna limits. Check the numbers? If your antenna number is bigger than the east limit and west limit, that might cause that. Just set the limit to wherever you are. If not then the Covak might be more accurate?

Ok, so I've gotten it to move again. It seemed to have gone too far, but once I pushed it a little bit, it started moving again. I think that now the dish is pointed wrong. What I mean is this:

At it's eastern limit, it is pointing about North-NorthEast. Maybe 5 or 10 degrees from Ture North. At It's western limit, it points about 180 from that. Do I just muscle the dish to point west at it's west limit?

Ok, I moved it around a bit more, and now I'm getting a really fuzzy signal of some Football game on Channel 15 V. Also, I think I saw Oprah on channel 24 H. What satellite would this be?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts