No sat B or C

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are testing your Sat A set it to transponder 01. That is the only satellite that uses 01.

Your always bashing installers, figure it out yourself.

Ha ha ha. Now that makes me want to call one of your kind and drill into the side of the house...........

Each sat has its own set of Transponders. If a sat does not use a transponder, it is marked on most boxes as "not in use" or something like that, correct?

If you are mature enough to do so, (pointing finger at the benefit to society, dishjockey) Please tell me i am dead wrong in the following,

Since each sat is identified by a unique frequency range on the LNB, it would be impossible to pick up a different SAT operating at a different frequency for a given LNB. I cannot pick up 110 on my SAT A LNB, the frequencies do not match. Unless the LNBs are out of order or the whole LNB assembly is manufactured very poorly as to be bleeding across frequency ranges.

So, therefore, you cannot be picking up the wrong sat if you are looking at the SAT A LNB signal meter, no matter what transponder is set. If the transponder is set to one not in use, it will be 0. If i am looking at the SAT A on the signal meter (getting data from the SAT A LNB), it will tell me data on any sat A transponder in use. Unless of equipment failure, the SAT A signal meter will be tuned to SAT A, it will not be tuned to a different bird, as the frequencies are different and the SAT A lnb cannot communicate with the 110 or 119 Sat's. If this was the case, it would be next to impossible to tune in any specific LNB on the desired SAT, too many options would exist for a 3LNB dish (3 LNBs and 3 Sat's = 9 total tuning possibilities).

So, i cannot be "tuning in" to the wrong sat for the SAT A LNB, the LNB is designed to operate at the frequency SAT A is using. Any signal I get for the SAT A transponders in the signal meter has to be for transponders on SAT A, unless the LNB is busted, which it is not (all three were tuned earlier today out in the middle of the yard). Setting SAT A transponder to 1 because the 101 sat is the only one that currently uses transponder 1 on board will not effect anything at all.

The Sat's have unique communication frequencies, of which the transponders operate within those. Transponder X on SAT A is not the same frequency as transponder X on SAT B, and thus the various LNB'S cannot communicate with anything besides the frequency it was programmed for.

The issues is certainly Line of Sight. Setting the Skew drives the third LNB so far down that unless i had a couple hundred yards of totally bare landscape it will be hitting trees or other homes. When we first moved in here years ago no large trees (greater than 10 feet) were around. Everything that was planted then is now huge and keeps causing more problems each year.

Eventually I will find a spot where the dish can be located that will not interfere, but I am certainly not going to call out a "professional" who acts like dishjockey and tells me a tree is in the way and takes off to move onto more of his important work. It is obvious by the previous install here and thousands of others experience that a substantially sized group of installers are not good at what they do or choose to do a shoddy job. Their are many great installers who do an excellent job, and I am sure many of those folks are here who are truly interested in their field and choose to pursue it outside the 9-5 hours. Acting like a 2 year old on a message board most likely mirrors your approach to the rest of life, including your installs, Dishjockey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.