No Sig 99/103; good on 101/110/119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ozindfw

Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
DFW, TX
I bought an HD RX and DTV sent a guy out to install. I would not let him make holes it the roof (too much bad history here.) He left the dish and fittings and I did the install along with some other work this WE. I've done single and 3 lnb dish installs before without probelms. He left a slimline dish that he said was a 5 LNB (though there are only three feeds apparent.} I got it installed and running Saturday. It came right up on SD.

Everything on the 101/110/119 birds is >95 (most are 100) except 101 transp 4 is 24, 25 is 55, and 18 and 28 are 0; 110 trasnp 8 is 92, 12 is 91, and 26 is 0. All of 99 a/b and 103 a/b are zero except 4 is a 10 or 11, which I assume is bogus.

I've peaked the azimuth, but not the elevation or rotation. The dish was preset for these by hte installer and his preset match the receiver's recommendaitons. I'd expect to see something on 99/103 but don't see squat. Also, the fact that I see a good signal on 101 and 119 implies I have the az/el/rot right. Feed is about 50 ft of QS RG-6 with two barrels in line - one at the dish and one halfway where the switch used to be. There's no occlusion on the appropriate bearings, so I can't figure out what's up here. Any suggestions what to try? Where I can find reference info? Receiver is H21.

FYI, TPs 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28 are spot beams TPs on 101.
Meaning the strength is only important for the one servicing your area.

I bought an HD RX and DTV sent a guy out to install. I would not let him make holes it the roof (too much bad history here.) He left the dish and fittings and I did the install along with some other work this WE. I've done single and 3 lnb dish installs before without probelms. He left a slimline dish that he said was a 5 LNB (though there are only three feeds apparent.} I got it installed and running Saturday. It came right up on SD.

Everything on the 101/110/119 birds is >95 (most are 100) except 101 transp 4 is 24, 25 is 55, and 18 and 28 are 0; 110 trasnp 8 is 92, 12 is 91, and 26 is 0. All of 99 a/b and 103 a/b are zero except 4 is a 10 or 11, which I assume is bogus.

I've peaked the azimuth, but not the elevation or rotation. The dish was preset for these by hte installer and his preset match the receiver's recommendaitons. I'd expect to see something on 99/103 but don't see squat. Also, the fact that I see a good signal on 101 and 119 implies I have the az/el/rot right. Feed is about 50 ft of QS RG-6 with two barrels in line - one at the dish and one halfway where the switch used to be. There's no occlusion on the appropriate bearings, so I can't figure out what's up here. Any suggestions what to try? Where I can find reference info? Receiver is H21.

i had this same problem and it turned out on of the connectors wasn't seated properly. just offering up my limited knowledge.

In this case the issue was cranial-anal retention. I thought I'd installed the B Band converter and had not.

Your dish simply needs to be 'dithered.' There are 2 ways to do this, and using a signal meter is the easiest.

If you have a signal meter you're golden...if not....break out the walkie talkies and have someone inside the house watching the signal meters for the 99c and 103c while you're outside dithering.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)