No Signal For Shaw

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I just had my 400 receiver activated for Shaw - signal was 98% - everything mapped - guide etc downloaded...turned off the receiver last night, and when I turned it back on this morning -
nothing - signal was zero. Outside it was clear as a bell...and we had not had any storms. Anyone have any thoughts. Appreciate the help.

where are you located?

hi what city are you in? I want to order shaw and live in los angeles. I have been holding off to see if it still works down in the lower48. lost bell last july5th.

I just had my 400 receiver activated for Shaw - signal was 98% - everything mapped - guide etc downloaded...turned off the receiver last night, and when I turned it back on this morning -
nothing - signal was zero. Outside it was clear as a bell...and we had not had any storms. Anyone have any thoughts. Appreciate the help.

I´m assuming you don´t get any message on the screen but just no signal, have you tried rebooting the receiver, unplugging it for a while and connecting again...

hi what city are you in? I want to order shaw and live in los angeles. I have been holding off to see if it still works down in the lower48. lost bell last july5th.

You should be fine in LA except for the new Anik G1, as I understand it, it is more than likely G1 will not reach your area. the other 2 birds (F1 and F2 work fine even in my area and even farther south.

Is it really a 400 series receiver, or was that a typo for a 600?

If it was a brand new 600, when you say you turned it off, we're just talking the power button on the remote correct?

If it was new and just activated it may have been bricked during a software update overnight.

DJdish you are right G1 wont work in LA we live near SF and it's too weak here. But all the other channels should be fine in LA there are people in Mexico who talk about having Shaw.

DJdish you are right G1 wont work in LA we live near SF and it's too weak here. But all the other channels should be fine in LA there are people in Mexico who talk about having Shaw.

Have you tried getting G1 with a larger offset dish, ?
Yes, as for the rest of channels in the other sats they work fine in all Mexico as far as I know, I myself have good reception, and there´s another forum member in Belize - Central America - who reports the signal is also good there (except of course for G1).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)