No signal (level and quality) for my coolsat 4000 pro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jiangcx

Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
I have a new coolsat 4000 pro universal package (including coolsat 4000 pro receiver, DisEqc1.2 rotor HH90 and a 33'' dish). I was be able to get some channels before, but all of sudenly, I can not get anything, even the level bar signal is missing (highest 14%), the quality is almost 0. Even the motor does not respond to the remote control. I thought maybe it is caused by poor connections, but I tried different cables, and even reset to factory data, and reload firmware, did not help at all. Before I send this for repaire, I would ask your expertise suggestions.

I live at woodland, CA, zip 95696, I believe my TS is Ecostare 9 (121w).

Thanks,
Jiangcx

jiangcx said:
I have a new coolsat 4000 pro universal package (including coolsat 4000 pro receiver, DisEqc1.2 rotor HH90 and a 33'' dish). I was be able to get some channels before, but all of sudenly, I can not get anything, even the level bar signal is missing (highest 14%), the quality is almost 0. Even the motor does not respond to the remote control. I thought maybe it is caused by poor connections, but I tried different cables, and even reset to factory data, and reload firmware, did not help at all. Before I send this for repaire, I would ask your expertise suggestions.

I live at woodland, CA, zip 95696, I believe my TS is Ecostare 9 (121w).

Thanks,
Jiangcx

Does the receiver have a " F " connector for both Sat in & sat out ? If so , are you on the wrong " F " connector ?

Measure the voltage at the receiver .

Measure the voltage on the coax from the receiver to the motor , at the motor end . If that is OK , measure the voltage on the coax from the motor to the LNBF at the LNBF end .

If that is OK , connect the receiver coax directly to the LNBF & see what you get .

Is the motor all the way left or right and stuck in a bind ?

Does your receiver have a LNBF power on option in the sat set0up menue ?

Wyr

I'm also in California. When I had that problem with my Coolsat, I went to my TS Sat (Echo 9) and reset it the motor to "0". Then I would move over to the other sats. Try that.... With regard to the motor, try unplugging the receiver, reconnecting all connections and turn the receiver back on. I've found that that will reset the motor when it decides not to move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)