no signal on 78W Venesat/Bolivar?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
can you guys check if you are receiving 78W? Tonight I can't seem to even see it on my spectrum analyzer. I am able to get Arsat @81W C Band and Amazonas C Band @61W. I am usually getting a decent signal on 78W, with TLT being a bit touchy, but Telesur and others quite strong

can you guys check if you are receiving 78W? Tonight I can't seem to even see it on my spectrum analyzer. I am able to get Arsat @81W C Band and Amazonas C Band @61W. I am usually getting a decent signal on 78W, with TLT being a bit touchy, but Telesur and others quite strong
I haven't been on that sat in a while but motored over and am not getting anything either.

Reactions: Brct203
Hi All,

Over at Ricks, a poster has noted that "the latest TLE's indicate that Venesat 1 (Simon Bolivar) is at 98.7 degrees West and is moving West at 3.5 degrees per day."
Not sure if this is a planned move which was not mentioned, or a failure of the satellite which has sent it "adrift." Its service life doesn't end for another 3 years.

John

Reactions: FTA4PA and Brct203
i was going to check if its beacons were still alive... I guess i don't need to... My guess is that there's been a hardware problem. I wonder if we'll see its services pop up on other birds - I have not seen any so far

a bunch of the channels that we used to see on 78W are now in Ku band on 34.5W on 11100 V 30000, Caribbean beam, so receivable where the French channels can be received.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)