no signal on 78W Venesat/Bolivar?

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
can you guys check if you are receiving 78W? Tonight I can't seem to even see it on my spectrum analyzer. I am able to get Arsat @81W C Band and Amazonas C Band @61W. I am usually getting a decent signal on 78W, with TLT being a bit touchy, but Telesur and others quite strong

can you guys check if you are receiving 78W? Tonight I can't seem to even see it on my spectrum analyzer. I am able to get Arsat @81W C Band and Amazonas C Band @61W. I am usually getting a decent signal on 78W, with TLT being a bit touchy, but Telesur and others quite strong
I haven't been on that sat in a while but motored over and am not getting anything either.

Reactions: Brct203
Hi All,

Over at Ricks, a poster has noted that "the latest TLE's indicate that Venesat 1 (Simon Bolivar) is at 98.7 degrees West and is moving West at 3.5 degrees per day."
Not sure if this is a planned move which was not mentioned, or a failure of the satellite which has sent it "adrift." Its service life doesn't end for another 3 years.

John

Reactions: FTA4PA and Brct203
i was going to check if its beacons were still alive... I guess i don't need to... My guess is that there's been a hardware problem. I wonder if we'll see its services pop up on other birds - I have not seen any so far

a bunch of the channels that we used to see on 78W are now in Ku band on 34.5W on 11100 V 30000, Caribbean beam, so receivable where the French channels can be received.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)