"No signal on channel..."

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Anybody else sees this bug/annoyance:

Tune to a channel and it says "no signal on channel..." but change the channel and change back and it's ok. I get this mostly w/ OTA but once in a while with satellite too. Sat SQ is 97, OTA is 42. 42 seems low, but once I tune in, there's never any breakup or drop out so it must be good. Anyway, my Hughes E86 box never has any problem locking onto OTA using the same antenna feed. For what it's worth, I get 90-100% reading on OTA with the E86.

I get it quite often with OTA, it's due to the box timing out before it can lock on the signal, I believe. Why it happens on a sat channel, I'm clueless, but I've had it happen there as well. The OTA channels it happens to me on also take a long time to lock with my Dish 6000, that's why I think it's a timeout error. Eventually it will lock and tune in if I let it sit for a few more seconds.

I haven't had that for a couple weeks. The message I have been getting a lot of the past week is "up grade your subscription to view this channel" then the channel apears.

There is one local channel I just can't get in through Voom.

Hoping the new software update will help.

I had that Barth when I first installed Voom, I also was having channel mapping issues, and when they replaced the LNB I don't see that anymore. Except for OTA channels in my downstairs HDTV, it can't tune 3 OTA channels that my upstairs TV can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)