No Signal on Digital Coax Output

ripit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
I am only getting audio from the RCA stereo output but no sound from the digital coax connection. Anyone else having this problem?

ripit said:
I am only getting audio from the RCA stereo output but no sound from the digital coax connection. Anyone else having this problem?
Did it work before? Do you have a Dolby Digital receiver? In case your receiver is PCM-only, you can switch VOOM STB to PCM mode.
Also, make sure the receiver is set to proper input.
And if nothing else helps, try rebooting your STB ;)

It's been working fine since I signed up last April until this morning (it worked fine last night). I have the box setup to output DD. I haven't changed any settings. I have sw version 7.37. When I turned on the TV this morning it turned on and was delivering a picture but did not have sound and was locked on one channel and would not respond to any IR commands. I rebooted and it appeard to be working except it was still not outputting an audio signal over digital coax, only RCA stereo output.

I have actually not had any trouble at all with the stb up until some of the most recent software upgrades. I have been getting intermittant blackouts and I have had to reboot a few times, whereas I have only had to reboot my stb once or twice the entire time before prior to these updates.

Turn your AV receiver off/on and then make sure it is set to proper input.
Some receivers automatically switch to analog audio input when digital stream is interrupted...

Not the receiver. I turned off auto-polling and it still doesn't receive a signal. I switched to the optical output and that is working, so I am just going to keep it on that one. I would, however, like to know why the digital coax output stopped working suddenly.

Thanks for your help, all.

Sometimes I cannot receive a signal via coax. This works for me: Whatever chanel your Voom receiver is tuned to ( But no picture or sound ), just punch in a lower channel ( for example channel 3 ). Then when that channel shows up, press " back " and it will go back to the previous channel - this time with the program coming in. Hope it works for you.

Thanks Robert, however I am refering to the digital audio connection to my AV receiver. I have the video connected via DVI and I am able to get a picture but I am not receiving audio through the digital coax audio output. I switched to the optical output and that is working, but I would like to know why the digital coax stopped working.

I do sometimes get the blank screen (which only started with the recent software updates) and the fix that you mentioned seems to work for me also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts