No Signal on new receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tech Guy

Original poster
May 5, 2013
North East
HELP !!

Pulling whats left of my hair out with what I thought would be a simple task.

I have a HR-24 which I need to replace with an H-25. I have signal on the HR 24 but see nothing on the H-25 no matter which setting I try.

I am using a non SWM Slimline 3 dish. Two lines direct to receiver location with b-band convertors in place at the receiver. Neither seems to work. Verifying connection results in the message "A satellite signal could not be detected......"

I am praying someone can direct me to a previous discussion or provide a tip or two.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Guy

That's the issue. An H25 will only work on a SWM lnb. Do you have access to an SWM lnb?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That was easy.. :-(

Nope, no access to a SWM LNB. Guess I am going shopping! Any recommended eBay sellers?

Any work-around?

Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tech Guy!

No work around, you must use a swm setup. It could be a swm lnb or a swm8/16 switch. The lnb is the cheapest and easiest way. I bought one on eBay a while back. Here is one for $31 brand new with the power inserter. It's a good deal. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-D...ellite_LNB_Downconverters&hash=item43b88603ce

You can find one cheaper if you look further into the listings. Just use swm lnb in their search.

Last edited:
:welcome to Satelliteguys Tech Guy!

No work around, you must use a swm setup. It could be a swm lnb or a swm8/16 switch. The lnb is the cheapest and easiest way. I bought one on eBay a while back. Here is one for $31 brand new with the power inserter. It's a good deal. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-D...ellite_LNB_Downconverters&hash=item43b88603ce

You can find one cheaper if you look further into the listings. Just use swm lnb in their search.

I just got a NEW SWIM LNB on E-Bay with power inserter, 4 way and 8 way splitter at a good price ($25.00) the deals are there if you look for them.

I would invest in a SL5 SWM LNB so you don't find yourself needing to upgrade later on, and you'll get all the channels you're paying for. I really miss tranquility, need to get a SL5 soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)