No Signal on new receiver.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tech Guy

Original poster
May 5, 2013
North East
HELP !!

Pulling whats left of my hair out with what I thought would be a simple task.

I have a HR-24 which I need to replace with an H-25. I have signal on the HR 24 but see nothing on the H-25 no matter which setting I try.

I am using a non SWM Slimline 3 dish. Two lines direct to receiver location with b-band convertors in place at the receiver. Neither seems to work. Verifying connection results in the message "A satellite signal could not be detected......"

I am praying someone can direct me to a previous discussion or provide a tip or two.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Guy

That's the issue. An H25 will only work on a SWM lnb. Do you have access to an SWM lnb?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That was easy.. :-(

Nope, no access to a SWM LNB. Guess I am going shopping! Any recommended eBay sellers?

Any work-around?

Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tech Guy!

No work around, you must use a swm setup. It could be a swm lnb or a swm8/16 switch. The lnb is the cheapest and easiest way. I bought one on eBay a while back. Here is one for $31 brand new with the power inserter. It's a good deal. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-D...ellite_LNB_Downconverters&hash=item43b88603ce

You can find one cheaper if you look further into the listings. Just use swm lnb in their search.

Last edited:
:welcome to Satelliteguys Tech Guy!

No work around, you must use a swm setup. It could be a swm lnb or a swm8/16 switch. The lnb is the cheapest and easiest way. I bought one on eBay a while back. Here is one for $31 brand new with the power inserter. It's a good deal. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-D...ellite_LNB_Downconverters&hash=item43b88603ce

You can find one cheaper if you look further into the listings. Just use swm lnb in their search.

I just got a NEW SWIM LNB on E-Bay with power inserter, 4 way and 8 way splitter at a good price ($25.00) the deals are there if you look for them.

I would invest in a SL5 SWM LNB so you don't find yourself needing to upgrade later on, and you'll get all the channels you're paying for. I really miss tranquility, need to get a SL5 soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)