No signal on Sat A and B

Status
Please reply by conversation.

83_orange_cj7

Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I have a R15 receiver I get 0% signal strength on the A and B sats but can get 95 % on C. I have tried the dish in a couple locations the mast is plumb I have worked on aligning for a long time and I can only recieve signal on C. I am getting the same thing using 2 different 50 foot cables. The setup has worked for years then one day boom the problem started. What could it be?

Try changing the skew (rotation) of the dish? Any tree limbs growing near your line of site?

If all else fails, it could be the LNB failing, at which point you may want to have a service call if you are struggling to aim.

WELCOME to the site BTW!

Sony Sat55 about 6-7 years old
New Directv R15
Oval antenna 3 lnb no external switch at least 5 years old or so

Started having problems after a storm. Checked the dish to see if there was a clear veiw of the southern sky and there was a tree in the way so I moved the dish to the back side of the yard to get a clearer view. I have set up my dish about 7 times and in 4 diffent locations never had any trouble. The problem followed the dish and both reciviers I'm thinking it is a LNB but I have already spent $100 on the recivier I just don't want to waste anymore money. It could be an alignment problem but I never have had problems in the past it's just a point and shoot thing. Have they gotten harder to align recently?

Nothing has changed since last time you did it. Have you considered upgrading to HD? They'll upgrade your dish and stuff for free if you do.

A service call would include the LNB and stuff, runs about $80.

You can buy a new dish or just the LNB, should be less than $50.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts