No signal past 101 west

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello:
Things have been going pretty good here for the most part as far as FTA..But I seem to have hit a snag.

In rescanning the last few days I am finding that I am getting signal on all sats from 72-101 West..103 West and beyond, I get 40-0 signal and no channels..

I have The Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver, Fortec 36" Dish and DG-280 Motor..The motor seems to be moving all right...There isnt any blockage problems I can see from the farther west satellites..Thanks for any insight..

I take it you have gotten signals on the west side before?

Yes..The Only channel I would really miss at this point is Montana PBS as I have recently discovered the Red Green Show on that channel..I dont know how the dish would have moved as The pole has been plumb and the dish has been solidly in place over a year..I'm afraid to try to move it again for fear of losing the whole arc, though that seems to be my only option right now..

Double check LNB / Switch settings in Receiver's setup menu

If you are using USALS to drive the Dish, switch to Diseqc 1.2 and manually drive the Dish a little East / West, see if anything pops in.

Check / Replace cable, or Drive dish to desired Sat, drag TV and Receiver to the Dish, and connect directly to lnb.

Small update:
By moving the Dish to 127 and really working patiently with Diseqc, I managed to pull in Montana PBS with 40-50 quality signal..I have in the past had issues with channels showing up one sat position farther west then they should..Still not getting 103-125 at the moment..Will work more on it later..

Sounds like something moved
I'd drive the Dish to your Trues South Sat, double check Pole for Plumb, Motor is set to your Lat, peak Dish Elevation and Motor Azimuth, check for Motor Backlash / Play

You might also try to use the diseqC-1.2 goto-reference or goto-zero command, THEN go back west. It may be that the zero got knocked off a bit, and if the system is a bit out of alignment it might make a bigger difference on the extreme sats. I occasionally have similar issues, and after doing the goto-reference, it finds missing sats again.

Tim did you check your LNB? It could have twisted a hair in the holder but it sounds to me like your dish moved a bit.

Update:

Friday evening, I did the TV at the Dish thing..Probably did it wrong, but nothing came up at all, so after about a half hour I brought everything back in and reconnected the reciever to the TV and Dish/Motor..Then went outside an moved the Dish up slightly..No plan to it, just nudged it a bit..Am receiving most of the channels I had before..Including Pentagon Channel, History and Bio, Montana PBS, Research and UWTV on the sats I had trouble with. Go figure..

Not getting the Macys Channel or the Arab talking heads on 87..Or the WCPE/Huntington Beach Channel..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts