No signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
newbiebutnotforever said:
I want to input some freqs say like the first 2 free channels (TVU and spirit)

when I try to write it I write it like that 3824 H 7000, is this right?

Thanks

Also, be aware that the frequencies such as the one you mentioned (with 4 digits) are C Band so you can't get them anyway. KU Band have 5 digits.

Wow, that is very good point, I was just coming and I want to ask about something like that because many of my TPs which I entered they did not give any signal at all, and when I made smartsearch it discovered totally new ones, but I need to recheck again some of these TPs again (the five ones).
I really started to understand the great benifit of the smart/blind search, something like magic, and also I finally I did understand the meaning of USALS which you tried to explain to me, really USALS is so easy way, ofcourse it dose not catch everything but many sats gave signals useing USALS without the need of moving the motor by myself, that was great.
But I also made a big mistake when I was trying to enter my Latitude and longatitude or I missed it, I hope others won't fall in it, specially of them who have 5000, after I enter as exampl my latitude I have to press the left or the write buttons to determine if my Latitude is North or South, mine is North and my Long is West, but when I checked them lately I found that It was totally the opposite and one was South and the other was East.

I think enjoying the FTA world is related to understanding, when you start to understand more you start to enjoy more, thanks guys for all your help and the genoursity in giving knowledge.

newbiebutnotforever said:
after I enter as exampl my latitude I have to press the left or the write buttons to determine if my Latitude is North or South
Yeah that is something for all the newbies to watch out for. It is an easy mistake to make for sure.

After I was thinking in your words that 4 numbers mean Cband and 5 means Ku-band I went to check some numbers and I told this littel nice information to my wife and then I said what is the hell! there were some of those 4s were displaying signals, I felt embarassed just a littel bit, you know when you feel brave giving knowledge and then you suddenly discover that it is wrong, anyway then she told me that I should writeback to say that this piece of information was not accurate, but fourtunatly just from minutes ago I discovered that this was my fault and not yours, because I was looking on the SR number all the time, and I should looked at the Freqs numbers, so just now I gained this piece of knowledge, and soon I will deliver it to my sweetheart, thanks.

Also I tried to enter these two freqs from the same Sat http://www.lyngsat.com/amc3.html but withno success, I wonder what is the problem., here they are if anyone can try them and tell me, and ofcourse I believe that I am in the right direction, so here they are: (but remember when I picked these two TPs from days ago, It was still my eyes always on the SR (second) number that is why you will find both SRs are 5s :yes just a newbiebut....)

12072 H 14630

11984 V 19510

those frequencies are Digicipher II (DCII). You cannot get those with a DVB recever

only a 4DTV reciever can get those.

how can you tell? Where the frequency is (12072), it says "Louisiana Public Broadcasting"...to the right (and to the left of the symbol rate), it says "Digicipher II"

needs to say "DVB"

Ooops, you hit my head right now :eek:

They are FREE they are Ku and still not get them because my DVB reciever dose not get such nasty things, gosh, but thanks for adding that piece of knowledge to my head.

And is this mean that I even cannot recieve their signals even as scrambled channels?

And is the 4DTV can recieve the DVB?

''He did not lie who said that knowledge is good'' :rolleyes:

nope
4DTV, which is the upgrade of the old analog C/KU receivers, will only do DCII
DVB is different....

just like DirecTV & Dish...different scrambling technologies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)