No Sound on One OTA channel WMGM

baltimoreravens

Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
I have a Dish Network VIP 211. Zip is 19930, Bethany Beach,De. Dish does not offer locals so an antenna for OTA is necessary. I get the expected channels except WMGM out of N.J., (NBC) does not come in with sound. Picture is about 70-75%. I have another digital receiver in another room hooked up to the same antenna (DB4) and amp (Radio Shack) through a splitter and that set gets audio on offending station. I have tried changing the Dolby settings in the 211 but still no sound. I have run new channel scans without success. I hit the SAP button, also no luck. Any thoughts or suggestions to resolve this issue are greatly appreciated.

I have a Dish Network VIP 211. Zip is 19930, Bethany Beach,De. Dish does not offer locals so an antenna for OTA is necessary. I get the expected channels except WMGM out of N.J., (NBC) does not come in with sound. Picture is about 70-75%. I have another digital receiver in another room hooked up to the same antenna (DB4) and amp (Radio Shack) through a splitter and that set gets audio on offending station. I have tried changing the Dolby settings in the 211 but still no sound. I have run new channel scans without success. I hit the SAP button, also no luck. Any thoughts or suggestions to resolve this issue are greatly appreciated.

See why can I not get audio on uhf digital channel Last time this happened it looked like the station set up something incorrectly in the control data (PSIP etc) and this upset just certain receivers, which could get audio but not sound.

Last edited: