No sound when watching recordings from one hopper on another

It seems to happen most when one hopper is recording using all three tuners then you try to access it from another hopper not a Joey it has to be a hopper to create this specific problem of no sound or no picture.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Thank you for that! I have sent it along to see if they are able to duplicate the problem using that method.

I have had this happen on my original hoppers a couple times. It happened to me just this Sunday when I was trying to watch the season finale of The Walking Dead while it was about half way through recording on my other hopper. We had a house full of upset people for a second. Like Benyth said though, I just stopped playback went back into my recordings and clicked start over. After I did that the sound worked.

It seems to happen most when one hopper is recording using all three tuners then you try to access it from another hopper not a Joey it has to be a hopper to create this specific problem of no sound or no picture.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Yep. When I had this problem Sunday night the hopper that was actually doing the recording had all 3 tuners recording. The hopper doing the playback would have only had PTAT recording.

I have had this happen on my original hoppers a couple times. It happened to me just this Sunday when I was trying to watch the season finale of The Walking Dead while it was about half way through recording on my other hopper. We had a house full of upset people for a second. Like Benyth said though, I just stopped playback went back into my recordings and clicked start over. After I did that the sound worked.

Yep. When I had this problem Sunday night the hopper that was actually doing the recording had all 3 tuners recording. The hopper doing the playback would have only had PTAT recording.

Sweet, thanks for that information! I just submitted the updated report today, so it may be a day or two before they can get around to it. I will post here if there are any updates!

I have had the sound issue numerous times, the work around does work (starting a recording from the local hopper and then starting the remote hopper recording again). My wife does not like it, too much work to get it going!

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I checked on the reports and they are still unable to duplicate it, so I am unsure when a possible fix would be sent out. I will see what can be done further on this.

I have had this same problem twice this week. Watching a show on hopper 1 that was recorded on hopper 2. The first time, i rebooted hopper 1 and that resolved the problem. The second time, i watched a minute of a show that was recorded on hopper 1 and it had sound, I then went back and watched the show that was recorded on hopper 2 and it has sound now.

I've had this happen about 5 different times. I've been able to get it to work every time but it can take a while.

I have also had this happen. When it did, I stopped the recording, went back to live TV, then started the recording again. The sound then worked. I think that I had 3 recordings active on on both hoppers when this happened.

I still have this sound problem too from a Hopper with Sling. The only workarounds that work for me now is a red button reset from the Hopper. All the other work arounds don't seem to work for me any more. Reported this issue to MattG by PM.

Last night, i had the same problem as the OP. I didnt do a reset because I was recording on the 3 tuners, instead I watch something from my hopper but i noticed that the banner info still had the info from the program I wanted to see in the other Hopper. When one of my tuners was available I start to surf channels and when I hit info it still have the info from the program I wanted to see in the first place. At midnight when the hopper stop recording I unplugged for 10 seconds and everything was working normal.
I also had noticed that when the hopper is recording 2 or 3 programs at the same time it doesnt want to do some things for example:
1. you can't delete recorded programs.
2. you can't change the audio like SAP.
3. And sometimes when you are watching a recorded program and recording 3 it doesnt let you go to live tv.

Does the tv viewing status screen pop up or what exactly happens?

Most of the time it just freeze. I tried to duplicate the problem for two days without luck but then l remember that the problem occurs when using Ptat. I dont use Ptat Fri nor Sat. Today l had the problem inmediately. When l was watching a recorded program on the other Hopper when l hit live tv instead of going to tv viewing status it just freeze and a lot of weird things start to happen. I just leave it alone. I didnt want to make things worse and lose the programs l ws recording.

If you stop the recording and hit exit, then go back to the recording and hit resume it will play with the audio. There is no need to have to reset the receiver as this work around has worked for me 100 percent of the time.

If you stop the recording and hit exit, then go back to the recording and hit resume it will play with the audio. There is no need to have to reset the receiver as this work around has worked for me 100 percent of the time.

Tried that and it does not work. Is your audio going from Hopper to AV receiver and then TV?

Yes my setup is HDMI from the Hopper to a Sony AVR and HDMI to my Vizio TV. My second Hopper is just HDMI from the Hopper to Vizo TV in the bedroom and I have had the audio disappear on both setups. The work around that I use works in both the locations of my Hoppers. Are you on the current software S244 or are you on a different software version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)