No support at GloryStar

laurienicol

Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
Delta, BC
I have a timer issue with my new GEOSATpro HDVR1200. Glorystar does not offer any support for the receiver beyond the set-up for Glorystar on Galaxy19. Nor will they give me any contact information for the GEOSATpro people to help me though the timer issue. They told me that they were the manufacturer of GEOSATpro equipment and would not support its use for anything except GloryStar!
As far as what support they do offer, they seem to have a help list which starts with "do a factory reset". Been there , done that!. Hours of lost time to re-aim the dish.
Nor do they think that there is any need to have a manual to set up the receiver either. I am so frustrated with them.

My timer issue, this time, is that the receiver re-sets the start time in the timer menu to 04/01/2038.
The other issue is that the timer setting for a program indicates that the input should be Y/M/D, but this is not right. It works in the format: month XX/ day XX/ year XXXX.

Does someone have any familiarity with programming the timer? Or does anyone have real contact information for the makers of the GEOSATpro receivers. I would like to get my hands on a manual.
laurie

Got this back from Satellite AV:

"I hear your concern. I am willing to help you with any of the issues. GEOSATpro is working on the manual as we speak. We can not provide you ETA for the manual. If there is any issue, we will address it right away........
Glorystar does not offer advanced support or for motorized support. This advanced support is available from hobbyist community. Unfortunately, there is not enough business in hobbyist market to train support team for this."

I appreciate the honesty and the fact that the manual will be coming.
laurie

Last edited:
I believe that the receiver's time reference is set to GMT, which references the satellite transponder that you are tuned to for getting the correct time. Unfortunately, not all satellite uplinkers set their time correctly (or transmit it all). I recognize the year displayed on your system as the date that is incorrectly transmitted by Louisiana PBS. I will make a wild guess that you watch LPB? :D

Change the time reference to local and manually set. This time setting will avoid the STB time and event timers being corrupted by broadcasters who transmit the wrong time and date information. BTW. It is this way with 99% of satellite receivers manufactured. Nothing strange...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)