No Switch

gwtill

Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
North Carolina
I have 119 and 110 on one cable leading into a receiver and I can get 61.5 on another dish coming to the receiver on a second cable. Is there any way to combine these signals at the receiver before feeding them into the receiver.

I have been told that I can't use a dpp 44 since both 119 and 110 are already combined on one of the cables.

If there is no way to combine the signals what would happen if I hooked one antenna directly to one of the receiver inputs and the other antenna to the second receiver input?

The receiver is a 612 HD dual input receiver

If you have a DPP Twin for 119 and 110, you're in luck. You run a cable from 61.5 to the DPP twin and then feed the receiver with one single cable. Make sure the LNB you're using for 61.5 is a Dish Pro lnb.

Press Menu, 6, 1, 3 for System Info and it will show you what equipment you have.

If you don't have a DPP Twin, just a DP Twin then you'll need two DP21 switches to combine 119/110 and 61.5. The LNB for 61.5 must be a Dish Pro dual lnb.

RandallA
The 110 1nd 119 are coming from a 1000.2 located on a very tall pole with only one cable running to the receiver. 129 signal is blocked by numerous trees. It has only one cable run in conduit down the pole and now under a driveway.

No simple way of getting a second cable to this dish.

The second antenna (dish 500 DP twin) pointed at 61.5 is over 150 feet from the first dish so the cable run would be too long to feed into the spare port on either LNBF.

Fortunately both antennas are only about 75 feet from the receiver so I can have either 61.5 connected or 119 & 110 connected. The only place I could possibly put a switch is at the location of the receiver.

I am not familiar with the DP21 switches you are talking about and how they would work.

Do you think they would work in my situation? also I repeat my other question What would happen if I connect one cable to each receiver input? I would assume that I would be able to get 119/110 programs on one tuner and 61.5 programs on the other tuner but I am not sure what the check switch would do.

n0qcu
Thanks for the reply. I knkow I will not get all the available channels on 61.5 but it will be better than nothing which is what I have now. Maybe this winter I will be able to clear a path to get 129 but right now I am just looking for a quick and easy temporary fix to changing input cables and running a check switch every time I want to change satellites.

Is there a reason the 61.5 dish can't be attached near the 1000.2? Without a second line the 1000.2 can't be used with a DP21/DP34 or a DPP44 and a dual tuner receiver.

but wouldnt he need 2 cables from the D1000.2 to the DPP44+ switch?

Oh ya. Duh, not sure what I was thinkin.

FWIW, I've done service calls on systems that were approaching 300 ft of runs, with more than a couple splices in them (old apartment building that at one time had primestar) and the system worked fine. Granted, the noise to signal at the receiver was a lot higher than I'd have liked it, but it ran. If this is just a temp solution, I would still use the LNBF in port on the 1k.2 as all the other solutions require 2 lines running off your 1k2 dish.

If you do have a DP Twin pointed at 61.5 that seems like it could cause problems with the "in" port though. Are you sure it's a twin and not a dual? A twin, like the 1k.2 and the DPP variety twins, also has built in switching. I've never tried it though so it might work just fine.

Based on the new information you've provided, no matter which way you go you'll need two cable runs from the 1000.2 dish.

If you use a DPP44 switch, you need one cable run from 119 and 110.

If you use the wing dish (61.5) to connect to the 1000.2, you'll need a cable run.

If you use 2 DP21 switches, you'll need two cable runs. One for each tuner on the 612.

Is it possible to point the 61.5 dish to 129 from its current location? As somebody else mentioned you want to use a DP Dual or DP single for 61.5 and not a DP Twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)